IGNORED

3 State MD underway

Phoneman1981

Good Morning Everyone: An impromptu MD is underway today in Sterling CO. RogerII, Patrolman46 and Myself decided to get together and turn wrenches. Roger is installing a Skydoc clutch upgrade kit on his RSV. Dan is installing new Flanders bars on his RSTD. I have new braided lines to install. More updates later. Have a great day.

7:30 PM. We have had a fun and productive Day. We accomplished two Skydoc Clutch upgrades and a Flanders bar install before noon. Weather was nicer than predicted. Temps near 70 degrees. Took a ride to Merino CO. for lunch. Rode back to Sterling and made a Home Depot run for bar end weight hardware and back to RogerII and Lorie's home to finish installing the bar end weights on Patrolman46 Dan's RSTD.

Lorie now has her very own bike. She is the proud owner of a 2005 Yamaha 1100 Vstar. Very nice bike. She has about 400 miles under her belt so far this season. She mentioned having some neck and shoulder pain after riding for a while. Appeared to be leaning forward to reach the bars. As it would happen Dan had a spare set of new bars in his trailer that looked like they might just work. So we jumped into a bar swap out for Lorie late in the afternoon. Her bar project really turned out nice.

We did not tackle my new braided line project as of yet, but may do so tomorrow.

So appreciative of the write ups that were in the tech section. They were very helpful.

Hello: Now that I am at home I am trying to post pictures. Having issues doing so from my IPHONE. I can select several files, but when I upload the only file attached is the last file that I selected? I did have one picture attached at one time but soon discovered it was missing after trying to attach others? Thanks for you patience.

Another great day. Sunny early in the day. Roger helped me install Galfer front brake lines and then assisted Dan in moving one wheel chock forward in his toy hauler while I finished putting the speedometer and windshield back on my bike.

We tried getting in a ride after lunch, but threatening weather caused us to cut the ride short.

We loaded the bikes in a new staggered pattern in Dan's trailer and snugged them down for the two hour ride home.

I sure thank Roger and Lorie for their hospitality and Dan for hauling my bike.

This website has created many friendships. We sure had a great time. Looking forward to more great times this season.:)

RogerII and Lorie rode up north to see us yesterday on their RSV. Lorie indicated she rode her Vstar 1100 150 miles yesterday with no neck pain. The RSTD bars on her Vstar solved her neck pain.

I failed to mention that we were able to modify her stock Vstar bar end weights. Roger cut the threads off and drilled a hole through them. We then used the modification that I designed when I installed my new bars to reattach her bar end weights. (Pictures are in my album).

If it had not been for others on this site I would not have recognized what was causing my neck pain, nor would I have had the knowledge or confidence to replace my stock RSTD bars a few years ago. Members helping members is a blast.

I owe so much to others on this site that have helped me modify and maintain my 05 RSTD.

This site rocks!!!!