IGNORED

COOP gauge pod

Well I do not have a picture of a gauge pod. It was made about 10 or so years ago to fit on the gas tank where the pod is that goes around the gas cap.

It was made to hold 2 items like a tac and voltage gauge or ???

I keep looking for one but have not ran across one yet.

If you do a search you will see some threads about it.

Now if you have a way to produce one let me know.

They went out of production years ago. My understanding is they were manufactured by an individual not a major company. I have been looking for one myself and I came close a couple of times at auction. But lost out. So good luck to you in your endeavor.

Mike

I made a 2 gauge cover like the one you described but it is not the original one that was made 10 years ago. I must have pictures of it somewhere.

I have since put a two gauge setup in the dash. The dash is probably in my stash in the garage. I used the gauges that were in it for the dash mount.

If interested I will look for the pictures.

Bubber

I made a 2 gauge cover like the one you described but it is not the original one that was made 10 years ago. I must have pictures of it somewhere.

I have since put a two gauge setup in the dash. The dash is probably in my stash in the garage. I used the gauges that were in it for the dash mount.

If interested I will look for the pictures.

Bubber

Yes pictures please:thumbsup:

Thanks Bubber I installed the Ponch dash gauges, but still like the pod design for a tachometer and ??.

If I had the equipment I could make one myself, but sadly I do not have access to CNC's mills and lathes.

COOP asked me to start this thread, I guess to see the interest in a pod and he seems to be able to have the means to manufacture items.

The original pod seemed to have a problem hitting the handle bars. But a newer version that would accommodate 2 inch gauges whether they be digital or mechanical might be the trick.

We will see were this thread goes.....

Here are some pictures of the pod I made.

The pod screws to the ignition cover with three screws from the back.

back of pod was open, I never got around to creating an enclosure for the back.

Bubber

PS SOLD THIS TO: Billmac

Edited by Bubber
added PS

The original pods were made by tripmaster and the owner operator of the company passed away around 2000 or so.

Brent from venturers.org got the last of the stock from the widow and sold it off to members of the club.

I got the last one of that stockpile and traded it off when i found it would not work with my handlebar risers.

Thats all i can offer to the question.

Mike

Hey Guys,

Interesting, but not something I would build in that fashion. I'm looking for something myself but it would have to be chrome or polished alum. I have some idea's but not ready.

I'm leaning towards something outside of the windshield, in chrome which in my opinion would look great on my bike or a rstd with the chrome windshield trim but wouldn't look good on a venture. with a fairing

Sorta.... race car tach on the hood style. Such as this:

Coop, I like it! thinking outside of the box again,.....errrr at least the windshield,:) that looks good! With a couple of small changes to the mount and angle theres no reason something like that couldn't look good on a Venture.

Brian

Thanks for the pics gr8hwfan that's what I have been looking for. The one I had seen was chrome but the same design.

Nice looking pod Bubber you did a great job of manufacturing it.

COOP that's a sharp looking cluster and would look great on a RSTD.

There's also the possibility of taking that single pod and mounting 2 of them.... one on each side of the chrome gas tank bezel. I don't have a machine to cut that shape and it would have to be all done by hand which is no problem, but to make them to sell would be very labor intensive. Would have to fit the 2 pods to the base and sell it as an assembly.

The 2 bullet pods alone are over 300.00 and I'd imagine that chrome plastic bezel is over 100....so that's 400 without gauges. Add gauges, fit up time ect.

I'll be messing with it for myself but it might be too much loot to offer as a plug and play. I'm still liking the outside the windshield idea myself. It would still involve milling the bottom of the split to a proper angle or making a billet mounting sub block

Coop

• 2 weeks later...

I mounted my tach today. It's the barons single pod as shown earlier in this post.

I re-routed the wires so they go down the rear mounting stanchion. I simply took the bottom half of the handle bar mount off and mounted the upper pod to the chrome faceplate on my windshield. There's a bit too much shinny going on in the picture to see it clearly....but I like it a lot.

Going to pick up a 4 pin plug tomorrow so if I need to remove my windshield for cleaning I can. There's a bracket on the other side of the windshield that is clouding up the picture soon.... I'll be moving that and getting a smaller IPOD shuffle.

The yellow tape is just holding on a chrome plug that I used to plug the rear wire hole while the sealant dries.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/bobn/DSCF0731.jpg

Here are some pictures of the pod I made.

The pod screws to the ignition cover with three screws from the back.

back of pod was open, I never got around to creating an enclosure for the back.

Bubber

PS SOLD THIS TO: Billmac

Nice looking pod, but will not fit on a RSTD. Fits the Venture perfect. So I'll find a Venture owner who would like one.