IGNORED

Great Touring Helmet!

samklr650

My Wife and I bought these from Iron Pony and really like them! At $30 you can't beat the "Bang for the Buck"! I've wore mine on nice days and cold days and its a great helmet. I also like the light on the back for riding at night.They can be configured in in 3 different ways. I haven't wore it on a hot day, but the ventilation on this helmet looks like it would work great..........1 thing to keep in mind is the sizing is wrong. I usually wear a Large or extra large helmet, but in this helmet I wear a Medium(I tried several to make sure) and my wife usually wears a medium and we bought her a small.

http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/ImageName/725867.jpg/Brand/Gmax/c2/Helmets/c3/Open-Face-Helmets/c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/Gm27S-Helmet

I have found that helmet sizing is all over the map.

I was at a shop to get a new helmet, I was looking at 2 different style helmets from the same manufacture.

In one style I needed a medium in another style from the same manufacturer I needed an extra large.

I ended up buying the XL one.

My Wife and I bought these from Iron Pony and really like them! At $30 you can't beat the "Bang for the Buck"! I've wore mine on nice days and cold days and its a great helmet. I also like the light on the back for riding at night.They can be configured in in 3 different ways. I haven't wore it on a hot day, but the ventilation on this helmet looks like it would work great..........1 thing to keep in mind is the sizing is wrong. I usually wear a Large or extra large helmet, but in this helmet I wear a Medium(I tried several to make sure) and my wife usually wears a medium and we bought her a small.

http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/ImageName/725867.jpg/Brand/Gmax/c2/Helmets/c3/Open-Face-Helmets/c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/Gm27S-Helmet

I totally agree, I didn't get mine on clearance, but only $58. @ Leatherup. The reason I mention that is I used the size guide they provided I fell between large and xlarge so went xlarge and couldn't be happier with the fit.

I recently said somewhere that this is the first helmet I've had that I could actually feel air flow.

:thumbsup2:

Looks a lot like our Bell Mag8. I liked that it has a shield if I want it (usually inclement weather) but the sun visor is nice. Not removable on the Bell. I have a clear shield on mine but the wife prefers a smoke one. I would buy an hi vis yellow or amber one if they made on, but clear and smoke is all Bell offers. I don't want smoke as I said I normally only use the shield if weather is bad, so reducing viability is not what I'm after.

As far as sizing goes, like Jeff said its all over the place. That's why its hard to buy something like a helmet especially over the net. It is defiantly one of the "touchy feely" thing before you purchase. If it don't fit rite your noggin is goanna hurt. Nice score pretty good looking unit. On our 900 Vulcan I had to take the sun visor off the wifes for awhile and make some capture washers for the shield. The wind buffeted just rite back there she thought the visor was catching the wind, so we tried that. Once we got the RSV no troubles with the wind.

Yeah, its allot like a Mag 8. We compared and noticed that the visor was a little longer then the Bell. I didn't know if that would be good or bad, but it seems to be fine so far. My wife and I were at our local CMA meeting saturday and after the meeting we rode in the dark for the 1st time. Some of our CMA members rode with us and really liked the lights on the back of the helmets. They said it was bright enough to catch everyones attention behind us, but not bad enough to cause problems.