IGNORED

Clicking when hitting brake

Ok so I have been working on removing my trunk and making the bike trunkless. I finally got it to a point I am happy with today and put it all together. Well of course now my stereo won't work. I did disconnect all audio/cb stuff in the back. Radio worked fine after that when I rode it to my father in laws to start fabricating a passenger backrest. Well it has been a week and a half and it is together and like I said, the radio is not working. The only electrical stuff I did was to add some led brake lights to the back. I used the wires from the light that was in the trunk. So nothing new. The only weird thing is that with the power on but the bike not running, when I hit the brake lever or pedal, there is a clicking noise from the left side of the bike. Sounds like it is from the front left lower cowling, but not sure. Is the clicking normal or could this be causing my stereo problem? All fuses check out ok. Radio connections in fairing were cleaned and reconnected. Radio seems to be getting power to the unit in the fairing, but my controller does not work at all. Everything else on the bike works fine and even with the clicking noise, the brake lights work fine.

Check your fuses for the controller after you make sure you did not pinch any cables and ground them out and check to make sure all the connections are tight.

Does the brake noise sound like a cricket?

Nope sounds like a relay clicking. But everything works. Except the radio of course.

Could the clicking be the rear wheel splines misalignment / grease noise?

Nope. The clicking is just when the bike is not even running or moving. It is parked with the power on and I hit the brake pedal or lever. It sounds like a relay clicking like it is bad, but everything works properly. Can't tell if it is clicking with the bike running because of the motor noise. Maybe I am crazy about the clicking. Maybe it always did that and I just never noticed it. Maybe someone could check their bike and see if you hear it. Just turn all the power on and hit the brake. Do not run the bike just power it up and hit the brake. If everyone else's bike does it, then maybe I just never noticed it before.

If only when , applying brake, then I suspect the Relay for the brake lights, will need to be replaced.

Are the brake lights " flashing " as the Relay is Clicking ???

Are any of the Turn signals, doing " Something " which is NOT normal ??

Never heard this one before ??? Hmmm :detective: :confused24:

When you say "clicking", are you referring to a single click when the brake ia applied or a series of clicks while holding the brake on?

A single click should be the Brake Light Relay doing its thing and would be completely normal. A series of clicks would be something to track down as a possible problem.

Thanks to those telling me the brake click noise is normal. Maybe I just never heard it because I was used to the radio coming on when I turned the power on and just never heard the clicking.

Now to figure out why my stereo is not working.

Joe I am still planning on giving you a call. Got busy yesterday picking up a filing cabinet for a new vertical smoker and then my son's basketball practice.