IGNORED

What a crappy bike show

Bert2006

Travelled for 3hrs and spent 60 bucks in gaz plus 12 bucks aceess fee to go to the Moncton bike show today and boy what a disapointment. :mad:

All the bike manufacturers where there and that was good but the rest was a bunch of vendors selling old dusty stuf that they must have had left in the basement. No accessories worth to mention. Was looking for gloves and all that was there was crap.

Only positive is being able to pick up a copy of 'Why we ride' for 30 bucks:shock3:

I usually do not post negative, but I should have stayed home and saved the 100 bucks this cost me.:bang head:

Well Bert,, at least ya got out AND ya got see, smell, touch and goof off with something to do with motorcycles!!!!

I have come away from so many swap meet/bike shows with exactly that same feeling,, what a waste of time and money.. Then there are others that still have that WOW factor!!

Hey, if you EVER get to Michigan when the Gilmore Museum in Kalamazoo is having their motorcycle swap meet/show it is well worth the 12 dollar entrance fee!!! One of the few that I have been to in recent years that I can guarentee you will go WOW - especially if your into vintage bikes!!!!

As far as new bike stuff, apparel. Back when I had my shop I would go to the Dealer Expo in Indianapolis every year (have to be a or know a dealer to get into this one) that is AMAZING!! If you ever get a chance to attend this one you will be go away thinking, now THAT is what bike shows should be like!!!!

I guess its just like anything else in life,, ya gotta take the good with the bad and keep smiling cause SPRINGS COMING!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Hey Puc do you remember the old "Charity News" way back in early 70s in Columbus?? I ruled the drag Strip up there a couple years. I think the Guys I rode with just took me along to bet on the idiot that could put that Yammy about 1000 rpms past redline and just dump the clutch!! Full time job keeping up with clutches and chains!!

Well Bert,, at least ya got out AND ya got see, smell, touch and goof off with something to do with motorcycles!!!!

I have come away from so many swap meet/bike shows with exactly that same feeling,, what a waste of time and money.. Then there are others that still have that WOW factor!!

Hey, if you EVER get to Michigan when the Gilmore Museum in Kalamazoo is having their motorcycle swap meet/show it is well worth the 12 dollar entrance fee!!! One of the few that I have been to in recent years that I can guarentee you will go WOW - especially if your into vintage bikes!!!!

As far as new bike stuff, apparel. Back when I had my shop I would go to the Dealer Expo in Indianapolis every year (have to be a or know a dealer to get into this one) that is AMAZING!! If you ever get a chance to attend this one you will be go away thinking, now THAT is what bike shows should be like!!!!

I guess its just like anything else in life,, ya gotta take the good with the bad and keep smiling cause SPRINGS COMING!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Youre right, did spend an hour around bikes.......and spring is on the way:cool10:

Would love to make those events you mentionned, looking for Wow.:bowdown:

I just envy you Man, I'm here in sunny Florida bike it's running pretty decent but still can't ride ..........I'm doing better after falling from my house roof but the only thing I was able to do was just star the bike and drool over it a little.

Hey get what you are saying.....hope you are able to get back at it soon.:canada:

Just needed to vent earlier.

Hey Puc do you remember the old "Charity News" way back in early 70s in Columbus?? I ruled the drag Strip up there a couple years. I think the Guys I rode with just took me along to bet on the idiot that could put that Yammy about 1000 rpms past redline and just dump the clutch!! Full time job keeping up with clutches and chains!!

Hey Yammer, sure dont remember the "Charity News" drag stuff.. Those were the days when I was very heavily into Motocross and HareScramblin, probably out riding wheelies on my brand new 1973 Honda CR250M Elsinore putting it to em on the Motocross tracks when you were ruling the drag strips.. Were you racing an XS650 Yam back then, wasnt that Yams big bike in the early 70's??

Youre right, did spend an hour around bikes.......and spring is on the way:cool10:

Would love to make those events you mentionned, looking for Wow.:bowdown:

We should hook up Bert!!! Hey, I see your in Canada, I have one of those new Michigan "Enhanced" Drivers Licenses, any idea if they work like they are suppose to (not suppose to have to have a Pass Port)?

I just envy you Man, I'm here in sunny Florida bike it's running pretty decent but still can't ride ..........I'm doing better after falling from my house roof but the only thing I was able to do was just star the bike and drool over it a little.

That dont sound good Craze!! Glad it wasnt any worse, sounds like your in league with the rest of us frost bitten, cabin fevered bikers who can only stare at our steeds!!! Hope your healing process is complete for riding time so we can alll ride together!!!!!

Yeah the old 650s with a crazy 120 lb kid on it could sure surprise a Hardley with a 300 lb bear on it!!! They never did figure that part out. Busted the new Gold Wings When they showed up too. Guy on the 1st Wing I ran told his friends there was No Way that 650 could touch his bike. The guys I was with collected over 1500 bucks on that one. What a Hoot!! I would like to know where that nerve went. Crank it til it was swinging hard past redline and just turn it loose!!!Pray that the chain held and the clutch wasn't too hot to grab!!!

Bike show in Chicago last weekend was bigger than for a few years, they even have a display of vintage bikes, lots of vendors let you pull out cash and barter.

Went there last Sat, first time there, it was alright but I don't know what I was expecting, for me there wasn't any WOW. Altho I did sit on most of the Star bikes, a few Indians, Victorys, Hardleys. Most of the leathers seemed to be on sale from a inflated original price, so no real bargains (except on some size "S" stuff, what biker fits into a size "S"?!?!?

-Andrew

Cowpuc

''We should hook up Bert!!! Hey, I see your in Canada, I have one of those new Michigan "Enhanced" Drivers Licenses, any idea if they work like they are suppose to (not suppose to have to have a Pass Port)?''

You should be good to go to cross into Canada with one of those, but beware of our Border Guy's, they are mean when compared to yours:stirthepot:

Would love to make it your way during the summer but I am not sure the misses will agree to an extended trip on the bike.

:canada:

Because the bike show is getting far too expensive for what it is, I decided to go only every other year. This was my year. Cleveland, Ohio. Now I am thinking taking it off the schedule entirely.

I did a overnight trip to The Iron Pony with a Hotel stay in the honeymoon suite of a fine Hotel, (Best Western Rewards Paid for it) THAT was a lot better! Nice Jacuzzi and IRON PONY had everything I needed!

Next year Im going to Iron Pony again!

I spent $200+ at Iron Pony and less than $30 at the bike show. Not including admission and parking. Bike show is rip off as usual.