IGNORED

Lake Lure, NC Ride 03-01

Sleeperhawk

Nice pics (makes me want to head back to lake lure), I bet it was a great ride. My wife has gone out of town for the weekend, so I have both kids which means no riding.:bang head:

Hopefully she'll get back early enough tomorrow that I can get a ride in with each of the kids:fingers-crossed-emo

Guest KitCarson

That is a neat place.....one I have put on my sure to return to list. The twisties are like a baby dragon. It was a great day.......chilly at first....but saw on the news later it warmed up to 74 degrees in South Carolina....if you do not like the weather around here......just wait two hours it will change.

Now I am going to cheat.....and use this post to bring up something. This is a great site.....All the Venture riders I have ever met are some real good folks, this is a group who like to have fun.....and under it all have good values. So

When you are out for a ride....let me just ask all of you to learn to take three seconds for yourself and just say I will be observant on the road.....it will not take me today.....because I will pay attention. If all of you can learn to do that....watch the road......way up ahead.......one eye in both rear mirrors......yea you can do it!! Every year it seems to me to get worse, yesterday we had a drunk bounce into the ditch and back in front of us....various cars cut us off short.......things that I normally just take for granted and have learned to watch out for......so like I said I want to cheat and just ask everyone to learn to be observant.......it is getting worse....not to worry......just pay attention....

All of you stay safe.....enjoy the year........look forward to meeting some new Venture folks this year......see some of you next Saturday in Georgia.

Kit

Thanks for the pictures. Did you make it up into Chimney Rock area? That is a nice day ride for us coming out of east TN.

Kit, I made a special point today to take it easy. On our 100+ mile ride thru the country, we encountered several roads where fine gravel had been put on the snow and ice from earlier. Also, on two occasions I pulled to the right and flagged SUV's to pass, as they seemed to be in a bigger hurry than I was. This time of year, I pay particular attention to people about ready to pull out as many have forgotten to pay any attention to motorcycles.

RandyA

Guest KitCarson
Thanks for the pictures. Did you make it up into Chimney Rock area? That is a nice day ride for us coming out of east TN.

Kit, I made a special point today to take it easy. On our 100+ mile ride thru the country, we encountered several roads where fine gravel had been put on the snow and ice from earlier. Also, on two occasions I pulled to the right and flagged SUV's to pass, as they seemed to be in a bigger hurry than I was. This time of year, I pay particular attention to people about ready to pull out as many have forgotten to pay any attention to motorcycles.

RandyA

No we did not go up into chimney rock itself.....this time.....but will on a return trip later this summer.

Yes if more than two or three vehicles get behind a ride....we pull over and let them go also. If you cannot see clearly at an intersection, or one has its nose stuck out.....yep I always go to third gear and keep the rpms up while slowing down.....only takes a few seconds and if the worst happens you are ready......either to stop or take an escape route......in the small towns if two lane I like to ride the inner lane......and let a car slightly get ahead of me at the intersection.....let them hit the car first:rotfl::rotfl:But I think you can hit them all upside the head with a two by four....and they still seem to all be in a hurry.....and blind.....do not even think a seeing eye dog would help them. Take Care.......