IGNORED

Not bike related.............

DragonRider

Ok this is not bike related, but an inquiry as to whether anybody here is a member or subscribes to USCCA. I just became a member, and received my first magazine, and found it full of great articles and products. Membership also brings many good benefits besides the mag. It contains info that some will find very educational. I recommend it highly.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok this is not bike related, but an inquiry as to whether anybody here is a member or subscribes to USCCA. I just became a member, and received my first magazine, and found it full of great articles and products. Membership also brings many good benefits besides the mag. It contains info that some will find very educational. I recommend it highly.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I might sign up if I knew what USCCA stood for.

No, not at all Bob, but I have been involved in a couple of instances where I was completely defenseless and shot at, and I vowed that I would never end up in that position again. Next time we meet, I will tell you about them, if you are interested. As for it being a sudden interest for me, that is not the case, it is something I have contemplated for a long time before actually following through with it.

Lewis,

Just curious, and it's probably not any of my business, nor do I have an issue with it, But, why the sudden interest in self/home defense? Are things getting dicey down there in Newnan?

No, not at all Bob, but I have been involved in a couple of instances where I was completely defenseless and shot at, and I vowed that I would never end up in that position again. Next time we meet, I will tell you about them, if you are interested. As for it being a sudden interest for me, that is not the case, it is something I have contemplated for a long time before actually following through with it.

Hey, I understand. I feel I'm pretty well protected at home but don't really carry away from the house. I probably should considerering the daily local news and you know what I mean. I would like more information on concealed carry. However, working in a guberment facility showing up packing is a big no no.

There was a guy at the local convenience store with a hand canon in a western style holster. He drew a lot of looks but no one was messing with him.

Well if you really want more info, this is the organization that will be able to provide it. I highly recommend it.

Hey, I understand. I feel I'm pretty well protected at home but don't really carry away from the house. I probably should considerering the daily local news and you know what I mean. I would like more information on concealed carry. However, working in a guberment facility showing up packing is a big no no.

There was a guy at the local convenience store with a hand canon in a western style holster. He drew a lot of looks but no one was messing with him.

I would be a member, but every time I contact them I get so disgusted by the amount of spam Tim sends out, flooding my email, that I refuse to sign up. The organization has a good purpose, but he is his own worst enemy.

Goose

Sounds like a place I contacted years ago down in Arizona.. They were offering tactical training, concealed carry assistance AND some time on the range using full auto stuff - so of course I bit (like most of you I LOVE shootin)... Ended up getting so much spam, including phone calls almost everyday, it REALLY made me gun shy (pun!! I have NEVER been "gun" shy) about signing up for some of this stuff...:no-no-no:

I still dont believe in throwin the baby out with the wash though.. Will spend some time researching the USCCA Lew! Thanks for the link! For me, keeping and bearing is like riding and sharing - an endless endeavor!! :backinmyday:

Puc