IGNORED

my Black 05 RSTD

crazygaucho

here some pics of my ride, with the new exhaust tips that phoneman1981(Mark) GIVE me I just have no word to thank him...................... I still do not know if I got the right bike she is not running nor handling as expect it but I'm SURE found the right group of people

If its not running right then you just need to work thru the possible causes here on the forum. ditto on handling, although the RSTD will never handle like a 400 pound Triumph.

btw. nice looking bike. you did good. (and Mark is a great guy)

As to handling, what brand of tire's installed ?? If Bridgestones, trash them ---- and

get some Metzlers, Avon's or Dunlop E-3's.

( most of us install a narrower size front tire, which improves handling ) Makes it quicker handling. But some guys don't like it.

Also, raising the rear end by 1 inch improves handling, I just did this on my 08 RSTD.

( See VRTech Section for info on fabricating a new set of Links to raise rear end )

As to " runnning right " ??? Whats the problem ?? First thing to do, is get a Morgan Carb tune tool, and Sync the Carbs, and drop in a new set of Iridium Plugs. Most of us do this at least once a year.

Best change the fuel filter, just cause its a good thing to do. !!! ( Its hidden and hard to get to, so do it in a nice warm garage )

Also, check all the plug caps for the correct amount of Resistance , inside the cap, about 10,000 ohms.

Drain the Carb, bowls, just in case there is some crud build up in them. ( A good thing to do )

Down around the battery, and fuel pump, some electrical plugs, pull them all open, and clean the pins of all plugs in that area. Also, the plugs on the bottom of the Electronic Ignition Unit, Its also located Under the battery case, ( Plugs, NOT, easy to get to )

Also, the Rectifyer/Regulator Unit, located UNDER the Radiator, Gets hit with Road Wash from front wheel !!

Pull out the electrical plug from this unit, Clean the Pins, Re-Install, and Seal it up, with Sealant to keep water from getting into that plug !!! ( This is a Very Good thing to do )

This should get you started !! :whistling: :whistling: Your going to LOVE this bike once you get it set up right. !!

I'm 70 years old, I ride a Hyabusa, and an RSTD !!! I can pretty much throw my RSTD all over the road, fairly similiar to the Busa, (( Of course, it don't go as fast :whistling::whistling::whistling: as the Busa, ))

But for an 830lb bike it " Ain't to bad " !!!!! Just takes some getting used to, but be carefull in driveways, and parking !!! Its Heavy , don't drop it !

Welcome to the group:cool10::cool10:

thanks to you all, for the advice and the good words agree with everything you said, my previous bike was a Suzuki boulevard c50 never done anything other than gas and oil chances and I still miss her a little:confused24: but I know this a much better bike when it comes to touring:fingers-crossed-emo, I know with all the info and the good people here she is gonna ride like she is supposed to do:stirthepot:.

sometimes I think sometimes I can whine just as much as the bike (hard think to do)

• 1 month later...
As to handling, what brand of tire's installed ?? If Bridgestones, trash them ---- and

get some Metzlers, Avon's or Dunlop E-3's.

( most of us install a narrower size front tire, which improves handling ) Makes it quicker handling. But some guys don't like it.

Also, raising the rear end by 1 inch improves handling, I just did this on my 08 RSTD.

( See VRTech Section for info on fabricating a new set of Links to raise rear end )

As to " runnning right " ??? Whats the problem ?? First thing to do, is get a Morgan Carb tune tool, and Sync the Carbs, and drop in a new set of Iridium Plugs. Most of us do this at least once a year.

Best change the fuel filter, just cause its a good thing to do. !!! ( Its hidden and hard to get to, so do it in a nice warm garage )

Also, check all the plug caps for the correct amount of Resistance , inside the cap, about 10,000 ohms.

Drain the Carb, bowls, just in case there is some crud build up in them. ( A good thing to do )

Down around the battery, and fuel pump, some electrical plugs, pull them all open, and clean the pins of all plugs in that area. Also, the plugs on the bottom of the Electronic Ignition Unit, Its also located Under the battery case, ( Plugs, NOT, easy to get to )

Also, the Rectifyer/Regulator Unit, located UNDER the Radiator, Gets hit with Road Wash from front wheel !!

Pull out the electrical plug from this unit, Clean the Pins, Re-Install, and Seal it up, with Sealant to keep water from getting into that plug !!! ( This is a Very Good thing to do )

This should get you started !! :whistling: :whistling: Your going to LOVE this bike once you get it set up right. !!

I'm 70 years old, I ride a Hyabusa, and an RSTD !!! I can pretty much throw my RSTD all over the road, fairly similiar to the Busa, (( Of course, it don't go as fast :whistling::whistling::whistling: as the Busa, ))

But for an 830lb bike it " Ain't to bad " !!!!! Just takes some getting used to, but be carefull in driveways, and parking !!! Its Heavy , don't drop it !

Welcome to the group:cool10::cool10:

well you definite'y take the cake... 70 year olds and still riding. Holy crap.. I bet you're no slouch behind that bike too.

the carburetors were leaking I guess bike wasn't used much a 05 with only 12700 miles must've been seating for a long time ..............florida ethanol doesn't help either ........... still backfire a little but I 'm going to live with it until replace spark plugs, I'm in the procees of replacing my rear tire and that is going to help with handling issues .the tire is not only wear out is probably close to 10 years old ...........had a little accident yesterday so no riding for a few days

thanks a lot and ride on