IGNORED

Got me 'puter question

Black Owl

and I figured where else to go for an answer then to the site that would be sure to have at least one person that could give me a simple solution to my dither.

How do I download something from UTube to a flash drive??????

Gotta be a simple answer as I am lucky to even be able to turn my 'puter on and off without screwing something up.....

Thanks in advance

:15_8_211[1]:

Guest tx2sturgis

You need a third party youtube 'downloader'...what OS are you running? Like bikes, it always helps if we know what you have before we can make specific recommendations.

Just google 'youtube downloader'. Lots of apps, most are free.

:happy34:

You need a third party youtube 'downloader'...what OS are you running? Like bikes, it always helps if we know what you have before we can make specific recommendations.

Just google 'youtube downloader'. Lots of apps, most are free.

:happy34:

Thanks Brian. I am running a Dell with WIN 8.1.

Well, I have tried all three of your recommendations. Funny thing is that the all have the same major flaw.

Nowhere do they provide a phone number for a local 3 year old that can tell me how to down load the video to a flash drive. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:bang head: :bang head: :bang head: What I am trying to do is down load to a flash drive so I can use the flash drive in my wireless media so I can show the videos on my Android pad.

:15_8_211[1]:

If you have it on your computer...

ie. you can play the video without connecting to utube

then you need to know where that video is stored on your computer when you downloaded it?

if you type the name (or partial name) of the video into windows search, it will find it for you.

then plug in your usb drive.

(you may need to push the special windows icon keyboard key to get here)

Use the windows "this PC", that's the icon that looks like a manila file folder. It should list the drives, including the usb. If there's any doubt, pull it out and put it back in, you should see the change in the display for a removable drive. This PC also includes a search in the upper right corner to do the search for your video. Click on the video file (probably an .MPG) and drag (hold down the mouse button) to the drive letter for the usb stick.

That's what my 3 year old told me to tell you.... :080402gudl_prv:

Gotta be a simple answer as I am lucky to even be able to turn my 'puter on and off without screwing something up.....

Mr. Owl, I just dont turn them off. Yah right has to be simple.

WIN 8.1.

Now that is a wise old Bird ! :think:

Brad

Guest tx2sturgis

There should be a selection or setting in the downloader app that lets you choose where the download is stored....now sometimes the app does a conversion to another file format depending on the devices and settings involved. Some devices won't play a YouTube onboard video in its native flv format. In that case, choose convert to wmv, avi, or mp4.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

My favorite way to download YouTube on a PC (which is what you have) is to use Firefox as the browser and get the "video download helper" plugin for it. As soon as you find the video and start playing it there is a button in the top bar that looks like 3 balloons spinning slowly. Click on that and choose the resolution you want (I always choose the highest and in mp4 format) and choose the location to save it to (your flash drive) Done!! this works for a lot of video sites as well as YouTube.

Thanks much for the assist. Tried several f the programs suggested and found one that is simple to operate (just what I need) and works well.

Now I can transfer videos from the PC to a flash drive and run them through a wireless media share to my Android tablet just like I know what I'm doing.

So again, thanks to all.