IGNORED

Windshield tab repair

ediddy

Yesterday I tried to repair the broken tabs on the chrome piece that fits below the windshield. I bought the speed nuts mentioned in an article. I couldn't get the chrome piece to fit after using the speed nuts so I had to take them off. I priced a new chrome piece at the Yamaha dealer and it is $115.00. I may have to get a new one as bad I hate to pay $115.00 for a peice of plastic. Anyone been successful using the speed nuts?

Crash is right, it should be covered under warranty.

Having said that, I have an 05 too and did the speed nut repair exactly as the tech section says. (That was pre site crash but assume the same directions) The fix worked like a charm. The chrome strip is a little snug to fit back on but not too bad. I've had it on and off a few times with no problem. The chrome strip fits better with the fix than it ever did when the tabs were plastic and as such I decided not to bother with using the warranty figuring the tabs would probably break on the new one anyway.

You probably have already done this but maybe just go back through what you did and make sure everything was done correctly. I know others have done this fix and it works.

Good luck.