IGNORED

I was only inches away......

1BigDog

....from buying a Harley. Yea, I know but this guy had a really mint low mileage 2005 Ultra with all the bling. His wife told me he was looking to sell it and I asked her to find out the price. KBB shows it as 8200 trade value, high retail is 14k so I figured somewhere in the middle of that would be a good price. She came back and said he wants over 15k for it. I could get a 2008-09 with the 96 engine and six speed for that price. His was the 88 with 5 speed. So I passed. I wasnt looking but this bike was exceptionally clean with only 13 on the clock. At least my RSV is paid for.......:smile5:

Some people believe they should recoup every penny they ever put into a bike, including interest on their loan. I looked at one bike where the guy handed me a list down to every oil change he ever did to the bike and the prices totaled at the end of the page as his selling price.

An 09 with a rebuilt engine does not scare you?

Hd has a poor camshaft support plate, known to chew up cam chains and take the oil pump with them. When you rebuild most choose either the screaming eagle support plate to eliminate the flex or go to gear driven cam shafts.

This, coming from a man who now owns a 2nd gen???? :smile5:

He'll be there before long, always trying to keep up with the Nelson's. Before long there will probably be a rowboat behind the slightly off kilter new garage. He is probably getting dish network in the new garage as you read this, so he can watch the West Virginia Mountineer's Saturday exploits..

Just kiddin' old man !!!

:stickpoke: :stirthepot: :sign cmon: :rotfl: :confused24:

Gary

He'll be there before long, always trying to keep up with the Nelson's. Before long there will probably be a rowboat behind the slightly off kilter new garage. He is probably getting dish network in the new garage as you read this, so he can watch the West Virginia Mountineer's Saturday exploits..

Just kiddin' old man !!!

:stickpoke: :stirthepot: :sign cmon: :rotfl: :confused24:

Gary

Now thats funny......