IGNORED

For our Vietnam Veterans

Freebird

Yes, Thank Them for their Service and Loyalty and Faithfullness...

I remember the release of our POWs in 73. I was a young man at the Air Force Academy, a freshman, a Doolie so called, pursuring to follow their steps. We also honored them, for there was a special lunchen, in honor of the Academy Grad POWs. for they were seated at the head of each of the 10 man tables.

Thank you for that.

My Dad was in WW2, a POW in Korea for three years, and I had the honor to serve with him in Vietnam. Those men, for the most part, showed nothing but courage and character.

God Bless them and Richard Nixon.

• 2 months later...
Thanks Don for posting this!! Brought tears to my eyes too, the story about the song toward the end really got em flowing..

SALUTING AND THANKING ALL WHO STOOD AND SERVED OUR GREAT COUNTRY IN THAT GOD AWEFUL MESS!!

Puc

Stood?? We hid behind anything we could find!!!:whistling:Them little things flying around in the sounding like mad Bees will make you a BIG Chicken real quick!!

I agree...I don't remember hearing about this at all...the first time with President Nixon and again 40 years later...hmmm..

Anyway, thanks Freebird. This is my era too. I had lots of family and friends over there. some came home...some didn't.