IGNORED

SE Texas Fall MD

Squidley

Do you want a Texas Fall MD?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Texas Fall MD?

• Oh hell yes, food and bikes whats better than that!
    • Nah, doesn't sound like much fun
    • I really would like to try and attend this

Ok Texans (and those in close proximity)

Last year in October I held a MD at our place here in Cleveland. We had a pretty good turnout for the inaugural fall MD. I had a couple of folks ask me when we did the Gunboat Memorial ride a few weeks ago if I was going to do it again. I'm all up for it, but I want to know if y'all want to have another one?

Poll is up top, cast your vote and if we get a couple of folks that want to do this I will open up the homestead again for y'all (it's open all year round to everyone anyhow) The rough dates would be the 2nd or 3rd weekend in October.

Let me know how you feel about it brethren!

I could use a valve adjustment. I have the gaskets already

As long as it is not the week of Nov 10. 11

2nd would be OK

It would be the 2nd or 3rd weekend in October John. If you can get over to my place Friday, it would work out a lot better. Checking the valves is a long job and if we could get the bike tore down on Friday it would make it a LOT easier.

Won't be able to make it this time, be on a cruise. Turn a wrench for me.

We'll do that for you, have fun my friend

:thumbsup2:

Yes and hopefully I will be able to ride again by then, this being "Grounded" sucks!

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

I'm in the same boat. Broke a bone in my foot mid August and haven't been able to get on the TC since then. Had to do the Gunboat memorial run in my Frontier which was ok but not the fun it would have been on the TC. Hope I can find all the goodies I haven't put on the bike yet.

I'm currently up in Illinois giving the Mum a hand. The trip up here and my driving around town is driving me nuts! It is perfect bike weather up here, mid 70's, partly cloudy, little to no rain [at least around here]. Seeing all the bikes on the trip up and running around town [anybody on a black RSV in Decatur Ill. today?] has me pounding the steering wheel in frustration! :bang head: I wanna ride!!

Hey Walter, if you come, Can I try out the "trike" set up you've got on your bike?? It just might make me decide to put a kit on the TC instead of my buying a full out trike.

Ok Folks,

It seems like there are a few of you that want to have another one...so be it!

I will start another thread setting the date (which is going to be the 3rd weekend in October) and we'll go from there. Thanks for spurring me on and let the planning begin :thumbsup2:

Here's the planning thread

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82038

Edited by Squidley

I would love to try and get up there this time. I missed it last year and the one in the spring near Waller. I am clear after Oct 12th weekend. I have IDPA matches every weekend until then. I have things I need to learn. So yes I would like to see one. thanks!