IGNORED

main fuse

Guest Shaggy Dog

Guest Shaggy Dog

Before I start running all over town, is the fuse strip in the main fuse,a hard to find or easy to find item? If easy ,where? If it's a hard to find item what amp fuse is it and I'll just replace the fuse holder with a different kind. Thanks

Left side of battery, clutch handle side, between the battery and the faring, clear little box, red wires in and out,and should have extra fuses in the box. Bit of a pain to squeese out of there, and you'll need a phillips to change the fuse. Rubber band holds it together.

Guest Shaggy Dog

Sorry about the confusion, when I said run all over town looking, I meant looking to purchase. I already have the fuse out, just haven't seen one identical to it, so i was wondering who might sell them. I can put a new fuse holder in line but I don't have a manual and I not sure what amp fuse it takes (it's not marked).

Check carefully INside, the Plactic case for the 40 amp fuse.

There was originally 1 or 2 spares included, they are inside the Case. Unless sombody allready removed them.

Also: If that 40 AMP fuse blew, check All the other fuses !!! one of them might also been blown.

Also: If the 40 amp fuse blew, you have a DEAD Short somplace , Most Likley. You better do some checking and find out Why it blew before you replace it.

Guest Shaggy Dog

Thanks everyone, I think I might have blown the fuse messing with the battery charger. I know, I should have unplugged the fuse or removed the battery, but I'm kinda lazy. I did find the spares stuck down in the little slit on the side of the fuse block, but I wouldn't have if they hadn't fell out in my pocket. I would still like to find out if I can buy them local , just in case..Thanks again for the help..

Thanks everyone, I think I might have blown the fuse messing with the battery charger. I know, I should have unplugged the fuse or removed the battery, but I'm kinda lazy. I did find the spares stuck down in the little slit on the side of the fuse block, but I wouldn't have if they hadn't fell out in my pocket. I would still like to find out if I can buy them local , just in case..Thanks again for the help..

The 40 Amp fuse I referred to, is outside of the fuse block, it is between the positive terminal of the battery & the fuse block itself. It is too big to fit in the fuse block. I have found that the one of the leads can come unplugged on mine fairly easily (clip not locking).

As to buying a fuse like that, I have never seen one like it before, and I been an Aviation, technition for 40 years, I've delt with just every kind of fuse there is.

But when I first got this bike, and looked at that fuse, I realized I was onto something Entirely Different. Not sure if you can even get them from Yamaha.

Guest Shaggy Dog

I stand corrected, the block I referred to is probably called a fuse holder, the small black block that holds the single fuse has a small slit in it that held the two spare fuses.If the Yamaha dealership is the only place to get them, then I will change this to an inline fuse holder that uses an automotive blade type fuse that can be picked up at any auto parts store.