IGNORED

Photo comparison between Progressive and whatever I had before

The left one is the Progressive. It looks like the tightly wound coils of the Progressive are a little looser than what I had, on the right. The thickness of material seems heavier on the old spring though, does anyone know if it is stock?

They are also wound in opposite directions. Works OK so far. The difference in the stock spacer and the PVC was less than 1/4" so I kept the stock spacer.

Edited by syscrusher
needed a photo.

You should note that the Progressive spring is wound of much heavier gauge steel as well as the overall length being 3 inches longer (Progressive on top, stock on the bottom.). In the stock, there appears to basically be two wind spacings while the top is... well... progressive.

http://www.bergall.org/temp/venture/springs3.jpg

The left one is the Progressive. It looks like the tightly wound coils of the Progressive are a little looser than what I had, on the right. The thickness of material seems heavier on the old spring though, does anyone know if it is stock?

They are also wound in opposite directions. Works OK so far. The difference in the stock spacer and the PVC was less than 1/4" so I kept the stock spacer.

IMO, the left spring is not a Progressive® brand spring for a Venture. And I don't think the right spring is a stock spring either.

How did you determine that the left spring is a Progressive® brand spring for the Venture?

That's the right number for the 83-93 Venture and mine came direct from Progressive Suspension in LaPalma, CA. three years ago... same number then as well. Strangely the V-Max uses a different spring entirely (11-1144) as well as offering a lowering set of front springs.

The left one was in a box that I bought from Amazon Progressive p/n 11-1112 so I assumed it to be the correct Progressive spring. It does not look like the photo posted by mbrood.

Did I get taken?

Was the purchase from Amazon.com and sold as a NEW Progressive® spring set or was the purchase made through an Amazon "partner" as a USED set?