IGNORED

Air line needed!

I am looking for a replacement air line for that stupid mono-shock!!! I need the one that comes out of the shock and connects to the one from the pump. Is there a replacement I can get somewhere or does anyone have a good one they don't need?:whistling:

:mytruck1:

Don't want to interfere with Ground Hugger getting what he needs. However, this thread reminded me that I have a leak in the air line to my front shocks that we can't find on my 88. Because of that, I changed to progressive springs. However, I would still like to solve the leak problem and we tested all joints so we believe it is the line. If by chance Ground Hugger can get what he needs and another line is available, I would appreciate a PM.

Evan did you check the o-ring's at the solenoid, there are 3 back there under the trunk/seat.

Also if there is oil in the fork air line you will get a false reading when you air them up, and it will appear that you have a leak but not necessarily.

S/G

Evan did you check the o-ring's at the solenoid, there are 3 back there under the trunk/seat.

Also if there is oil in the fork air line you will get a false reading when you air them up, and it will appear that you have a leak but not necessarily.

S/G

Thanks guys. When at MarCarl's, we checked the joints and as much of the line as possible with soapy water, and saw nothing. My compressor works fine, but I loose air pressure within several minutes. This will probably be a fall or spring project if I were to have a replacement line.

Thanks guys. When at MarCarl's, we checked the joints and as much of the line as possible with soapy water, and saw nothing. My compressor works fine, but I loose air pressure within several minutes. This will probably be a fall or spring project if I were to have a replacement line.

Did you check around the seal at the top of the fork where the rubber spacer is? Anyway, if you need an air line, I think that I have one. Will check condition.

Did you check around the seal at the top of the fork where the rubber spacer is? Anyway, if you need an air line, I think that I have one. Will check condition.

Yes, we did check there.

PS. Our Venture East trip through Eastern Canada this summer was fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
I have a mono shock from a 83 stardard.Can I use the shock on a an 86 with a class system.Can I disconnect the aid fitting in the 83 shock and connect it to the 86 system?:confused24:

Short answer, yes you can. All the fittings are the same on all the shocks. You'll just install the line from the '86 that has the CLASS onto the different rear shock. I am fairly certain that all the shocks on the 1st gens will interchange. Just make sure you measure center to center top eye to bottom to be sure.