IGNORED

Weather forecast Sites

djh3

Well I was working on some preliminary stuff for my trip to Canada in a few weeks. So I thought I would look on my site I normaly use which is weather.com Well you use to put the places or zip for towns you were going thru and it time and it would ball park the weather. So say your going Jacksonville FL to Charlotte NC. You put what day and time your leaving and then a spot a couple hours up the road etc. It would tell you rain chance, temp etc. Well no more. Now they have "improved" it and its worthless as #$%S on a boar hog. It will put your route on a map, but it looks simular to google maps and puts todays info, not the day you want to travel.

So what sites do you all use if any. Man there has to be something out there to give us an idea of what gear to pack.

Thanks for some info. Neither one of those does what I was hoping for. I'll look around the sites some more later and see if I can make heads or tails out of them. I need something you can plug in places along a route say 4-5 days out and have an idea what to expect. Didnt see that as an option on either site.

Thanks for some info. Neither one of those does what I was hoping for. I'll look around the sites some more later and see if I can make heads or tails out of them. I need something you can plug in places along a route say 4-5 days out and have an idea what to expect. Didnt see that as an option on either site.

Go to www.wunderground.com

find the "wundermap" link

look on the right and find the "trips" tab.

enter your starting location and multiple points WITH DATE AND TIME if you want.

hit enter and it will plot your trip and show you weather and temperature along the route on the date and time you entered.

If this is not what you want then I am misunderstanding you.

try this... http://wxug.us/174v8

Edited by TDunc

TDunc; OOPS on my part. Never saw the "trip" tab. So I tried using it for the date I needed which is the 27th of this month. Guess its to far out as of now to give a guess. Looks as though 8 days is it. Like was mentioned any more than that and wont be terribly accurate most likely. Thanks for the tips on how to make it work.

While searching I did get a couple hits that lead to an app for smart phones for weather forecast for motorcycling. Anyone tried them?