IGNORED

Bought a Goldwing today

Venturous Randy

I have had a friend's Goldwing in my garage since last summer that has the gears that the starter goes into being broke. We were about ready to pull the engine and got involved in other things and he was not sure what he wanted to do, so it has been taking up space. It is a 96 1500 with reverse and a nice looking bike. He bought an RSV and he loves it.

At this point I plan on fixing the gears and rebuild the carbs and getting it running good and selling it. I do know a guy that triked his 1200 Goldwing and did a real nice job on it. I have been thinking about talking to him and see what it would take to trike this one.

Anyway, since I don't have enough to do, I now have another project to play with. :whistling:

RandyA

I suggest that you use it a bit before you decide to modify it. I have had an 1988 Goldwing for almost 20 years and it is stone stock. That said I would hop on it and go anywhere on it without hesitation. It is a smooth ride and almost too quiet.

It doesn't handle quite as responsively as our two Ventures but it will handle some canyon carving. I have fresh Dunlop E3s on it. It does require lots more attention below 5 mph in the parking lot.

I used to have a Ninja (ZX-11); I likened that Ninja to a Maserati, the Goldwing to a motorhome. The Ninja is long gone, but Goldwing will stay til I expire.

Occasionally when we have non-riding guests who want to experience the Blue Ridge Pkwy on a MC, I put them on the back of the Goldwing, it rapidly inspires confidence.

So give it a trial run or three, especially with a passenger on the back before you sell it.

Howard

A few years ago, I installed tires on a friend's 1996 1500 Wing.

Took it out for about 20 miles while he rode the VMax.

Wow! That 1500 was really better than sewing machine smooth.

That engine is so balanced that it was actually boring for me to ride. I couldn't wait to get back on my VMax for some fun.

I do bet you could ride one of those 1500s for a 700 mile day without feeling fatigued though. Really nice bikes.

If you got a good deal on it, I'd fix it and ride that puppy!

I have had a friend's Goldwing in my garage since last summer that has the gears that the starter goes into being broke. We were about ready to pull the engine and got involved in other things and he was not sure what he wanted to do, so it has been taking up space. It is a 96 1500 with reverse and a nice looking bike. He bought an RSV and he loves it.

At this point I plan on fixing the gears and rebuild the carbs and getting it running good and selling it. I do know a guy that triked his 1200 Goldwing and did a real nice job on it. I have been thinking about talking to him and see what it would take to trike this one.

Anyway, since I don't have enough to do, I now have another project to play with. :whistling:

RandyA

You know the rules where are the pictures??????????????????????????