IGNORED

Floorboards for short legs - child passenger

jtwilburt

Thanks in advance for help in this. You guys have been a wealth of info so far searching exisiting threads for knowledge. My query, my son is 7 and my daughter 8...both love to ride with me :-) ... neither can reaach the passenger floorboards. With heels resting on the piping around the side bags anyway, has anyone seen, heard of or manufactured a floorboard that would mount to the pipes on the bags? I know it would be light duty but they're light passengers.

If I can figure out how I'll post some photos of the area I'm talking about.

Guest tx2sturgis

For a temp fix, just leave the footboards up, and have them place their feet on the top edges. This works with some passengers.

Also, you might try a couple of small 2x4's taped, ziptied, or velcroed to the footboards. Of course, if this works well, you could sand and paint them.

:happy34:

Another possibility would be to mount some highway pegs on the saddle bag guards at the right height. Kuryakyn makes some that are wider and sorta look like pads. They could fold up when not in use and hey it's more bling....

My grandson has been riding with me since he was 5, he will be 8 in November. We also have had this problem. When he was smaller the top of the bags were often used. Now that he is bigger I keep the floor boards on edge as Brian suggested. A pad or peg clamped onto the bag guard might work well. Especially if it folds out of the way or is easily removable. the last trip we took was 225 miles with several comfort stops.

Thanks Condor for the bling idea...more is always better. I was hoping for someone with maybe a pic for the said pegs to mount on the bag guards. The blocks on the boards may be the answer. I'm not too keen on letting the feet rest on the edge of the board while it's up unless I can secure the board in the up position.

Will keep plucking away at it. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks WildBill, like the idea. Maybe when the legs get a little longer. I managed a prototype solution that, if it works, I can have made in something more sight friendly. There has to be a metal shop around here somewhere that will take on such a neat little project. Looking forward to a chance to road test with my little guys.

diamondraccessories.com

make an adjustable passenger floorboard highway peg that will do what you want and be adjustable as they grow.

i have had them on mine for years!

they are venders here and they are fantastic to deal with! "pattie and allen"

817-925-4901