IGNORED

Parts needed

After finally getting back into ripping the bike apart for the 2nd gear fix, I found the previous owner removed the battery vent hose. As you can tell from the pics, I've got some paint to redo, but the biggest thing is I now need a new battery box bracket. This goes across the frame and the box sits on it. Also looking for some cleaner front pipes as these are pretty well shot, unless someone can give me an idea as to how to clean them up. Going to be a long process, as I wasn't expecting this much to do, but it's apart, and might as well get done. Also found acid corrosion on the box terminals and just about everywhere else. Gonna put new valve cover gaskets on, too! Top and front of the motor looks NASTY!!! Oh well, back to work!!!

I think it looks worse that it really is. Flush the intire area with lots of a baking soda (arm&hammer) water mix to remove all the acid corrosion. Don't be bashfull. Once dry, paint the pitted areas... or everything you can find....with Krylon Semi-Flat Black.

PM me your address and I'll send you another battery bracket..... :)

How's the battery box?

Another reason to change to a AGM sealed battery.....:thumbsup2: With an AGM you don't need the drain hose.

I'm with Condor on this one.

That battery box doesnt really look all that bad at all.

If you can remove it, you can have it sand blasted, or dip it in a plastic bucket with a solution of baking soda and water to remove the acid corrosion, or even wire brush it clean.

Once it is cleaned you will see where your really at with it.

Im sure that if you really needed a new bottom plate or side brace, you could have it welded..Then apply some new paint and reinstall it.

I've seen worse ones in my younger vehicles that I repaired to keep them going for remaining life of the car..