IGNORED

1stGen..2ndGen Sidestand

You know, you really should just go out and buy a 2nd gen. I think it will be cheaper to do that then try to make a 1st gen. into a 2nd gen... :rotf:

Nah.... Just thinking about adding more chrome.... I'll have to admit there are a few things on a 2ndGen that are nice improvements over the 1st's..... But very few..... :rotfl::moon:

I think, baring re-shaping of the 2nd gen stand, it won't fit. The angle of attachment is pretty different, if memory serves.

Yeah, I've been eyeballing a second and it seems?? that the yoke is straight to the shaft, just like a 1st. The angle may be created by the frame attachment point. The stand foot pin on the '91 hits the bottom of the floor board and has been shortened....I assume by the PO because the thing was too long to allow the kickstand to come up all the way and the switch to make proper contact. The end result is, it's a PITA getting a toe hold on the stand to get it down. I usually have to reach down with my hand and flick it out to use it. Ergo, I figured if I'm going to have to rework the thing I might as well mess with a chrome 2ndGen sidestand?? :scratchchin:

Would this work?

http://store.valueaccessories.net/ProductImages/kuryakyn/t7108.jpg

www.valueaccessories.net

I found it in the vstar 1100 accessories, floorboards...its a kickstand extension.

Interesting Rick. I've gotta look into this further and see how it would extend the stand in the right direction. Thanks for the heads up....

YW hope it works out. I believe there is a 1st gen side stand on ebay right now as well.

I've got an extra sidestand or two floating around in the garage. If it comes to it I can cut one up and reposition the foot peg... I just thought more chrome would look better if it'd work. I don't know why Yamaha never put out a chrome stand???

• 5 months later...

If you have floor boards there is a extension that goes on the foot peg that extendes out from under the boards so that you can catch your foot on it to lower the stand. Mine is a hollow tube with a setscrew coming out of the side where it slides over the old foot peg it slides over the peg and extendes it so you can get to it with your foot and it is chrome . I have had to tighten the setscrew a few times so that it would not fall of ,but it workes verry well. I hope that this is off some help. TOP CAT:bang head: