IGNORED

Can ya Help Me?

Alan bit the bullet and decided to move into the 21st century. He bought us Scala Rider G9 intercom's. we are connected by Bluetooth to the GPS, then cell phone to GPS.

Question: is there a way for us to connect to CB? :doh:

Alan is riding '84 Venture & I'm on the Harley trike

this works for me http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=CFBR-GL1800

I can receive incoming calls just fine thru the headset but making a call requires stopping and using the phone itself unless your phone has verbal command mode.

I'm not too interested in making calls, just receiving them.

Annie is looking for a way to integrate the CB into the bluetooth headsets. The J&M won't do that if I understand correctly.

Interesting......... But expensive :doh:

I have the Sena SMH-10 headsets and have been researching this for a long time. As of today, the unit from Spoiled Biker is the only viable way that you will be able to accomplish this that I have come across.

For those who own the Sena units, you can integrate either the FRS 2 way radios or one of the hand-held cb units (Midland, etc) to Sena's SR10 receiver and do it that way. Still a couple hundred bucks to do it.

No cheap way that I know of.

Several Goldwing riders have posted reviews of the Spoiled Biker units, and the summary is that they work well. However, when finishing the cb transmission you have to press a button to go back into stereo mode if you are listening to music.

Joe

Annie,

An option I have been considering is utilizing a wired "throat mic" for CB only.

Here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Weather-Proof-Throat-Mic-for-Harley-Davidson-Radio-/350267648022

I kind of hate to go back to the wire, but may do so since I only use CB on longer group rides.

Plug and play for the Harley, and I'm guessing for the Venture/Goldwing as well.

Joe

I just went to the Scala myself. I cut the earphone wires and spread the clamp that holds the wired mic to the helmet wider so it clamps on over the hard wire going to the Scala mic. When I need the CB ie group ride etc I hook the mic for the CB up and run with two mikes. I run my Scala as per normal and the CB through the bike speakers. Don't ride a lot with this set up but when I do it works fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Annie,

An option I have been considering is utilizing a wired "throat mic" for CB only.

Here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Weather-Proof-Throat-Mic-for-Harley-Davidson-Radio-/350267648022

I kind of hate to go back to the wire, but may do so since I only use CB on longer group rides.

Plug and play for the Harley, and I'm guessing for the Venture/Goldwing as well.

Joe

Got the throat mike and it worked fine at the International. Was able to hear fine. :thumbsup2: