IGNORED

motor problems

laruplus3

Lookin for some feed back....seized motor,not sure of cause yet,which I will determine.Cost being the factor,Rebuild or look for low mileage motor?Leaning toward a shop doing the work, if I can find one willing to do the job within 2 hours of me...Gloucester,VA suggestions welcome,Thanks

I have had several motors that were seized up Briggs & Stratton and Chevy straight six and I pulled the plugs put lots of PB Blaster in and put the plugs back let it sit and slowly worked it till it freed up and they ran for a long time.

I'd pull the spark plugs and put some Marvel Mystery Oil in all 4 cylinders and let it soak for a couple of days. A couple of times a day, I'd probably rock the motor crank back and forth because that would distribute the oil and also let you know if progress is being made. If you get it to turn over, then you can take a turkey baster and suck the excess Mystery oil out before you put the plugs back in.

If it doesn't get any better, you may have a bent connecting rod or a dropped valve. To disassemble the motor, you have to pull it and then pull the bottom part the crankshaft. This will let you see what's wrong, but to fix anything, you'd have to disconnect the cam chains and pull the heads. The only OEM part that isn't available from Yammie is the piston itself. You may want to consider just replacing the engine. Complete engines are available from Bike Junk yards and also Ebay.

CHEAPER TO DO IT YOURSELF.. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND THE DEALERS THINK THEY ARE KINGS.. USED MOTOR ,, FROM A REPUTABLE PLACE IS EASIER,,

I DID MINE ALL WAY MYSELF,, PLEASED WITH WHAT I DID ,, RUNS GREAT

JUST ALL IN HOW MUCH YOUR BUDGET WILL TAKE

speed is a question of money how fast do you want to go??

pull the crank have it turned ,get matching bearings,, clevite or mich,77

wisco pistons with ceramic coatings , molly rings, 5 over bore maybe 10

have heads polished.. and decked for more compression,,

new clutch spring upgrade while your there

take the stator to an electic motor repair shop and have them recoat it for long life

add gas and oil and ride hard put up wet..

be just like energizer bunny

Thanks for tips,something sounds wrong inside when turning buy wrench....O well guess I"ll start tearing it down.Good thing I have two bikes!Need to make it right,I guess the cross country trip will have to be next summer. :(