IGNORED

No Brake light

I have no tail light, I put in a inline fuse for the signal fuse to check to see if my other problem was solved before I went threw putting in the new fuse block.

Now everything works but the brake light using the foot or hand brake, The bulbs are good, is there a fuse just for the brake light or a relay, I checked the conections under the seat and the ones that I could find.

Orlin

I have no tail light, I put in a inline fuse for the signal fuse to check to see if my other problem was solved before I went threw putting in the new fuse block.

Now everything works but the brake light using the foot or hand brake, The bulbs are good, is there a fuse just for the brake light or a relay, I checked the conections under the seat and the ones that I could find.

Orlin

As mentioned, brake lights are routed through the CMU.

The signal fuse probably protects that circuit. Horn is on same fuse, check it.

Also, follow link below to put bike info in your header, it really makes it easier for us to help you without having to open your profile to see what bike you have. Hard to remember them all !!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58880

Gary

This is my 87, sorry I didnt put that on here, I checked for current going down to the foot brake switch and I dont have any in the yellow wire the other two have current, I jumped the yellow and black wire and the blue and white wire on the back of the CMU and got brake light but it stays on,

Is there a way to by pass the CMU to get the brake light to work untill I can get this one fixed or a new one.

Orlin

What do you look for to resolder, never had one of these apart untill last night, All looked good except there are three cooper looking coils and one of those isnt as clean as the other two.

Is there away to check the CMU to make sure that it is what the problem is.

Orlin

There should be 4 of those copper coils.

It is the ends of those coils that are often an issue.

Just resolder all of them.

Also resolder all of the connector terminals. Because of the number of issues that you have it is more likely that your issue is the ground connector pin.

To do the resolder, you want to add a bit of flux made for electrical, NOT plumbing. Heat the joint enough to melt the solder and add a bit of fresh solder. I like to use the silver solder from Radio Shack and the Flux. Use a small soldering pencil, 40W MAX.

If you ever plan to install LED brake/tail lights or an HID headlight. Now would be a good time to jumper the board while you have it out.