IGNORED

Backrest question

ReinyRooster

If you have stock RSV seats, you should have no problem with most back rests made for the RSV. Utopia is a favorite.

Most, you will simply have to pull the passenger seat and bolt on the bracket.

There may be some slight modification, like drilling out a hole in the mount just a tad bigger. I have had a Grasshopper (sold it) and a Utopia that install in less than 10 minutes.

Some, once you mount a bracket, can be pulled right off in a second. Like the Grasshopper.

Some, like the Utopia, require pulling the seat and bracket,,,, takes minutes.

Other considerations are when you replace the stock seats with aftermarket.

Normally, if you want a backrest, you need to order it with the set. If it is a one piece saddle, they need to install the hole mount from the factory.

I bought mine off Brake Pad. It is the same one sold by Diamond R (http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=RSV)

It's the best add-on I purchased for the bike, took a 1775 mile trip to Montreal and no back nor sore butt. Get it, you won't regret it. Installation: a whole 6 minutes ! No drilling necessary

If you have a one piece aftermarket seat your going to have to stick with the makers backrest set up, ala Corbin... For the stock two piece seats there are a number of rests that will work. Most of their brackets attach using the same two cap screws that hold the passenger seat on. I have seen a few that call for some minor drilling to mount the bracket. BTW, I do have a nice studded Utopia listed in the classies.... :whistling:

• 1 month later...

I keep checking the diamond r accessories site but when ordering a product the check out page does not open and a message says this web site is not available . Anyone else having a problem with their site. The do not return my phone calls either.

Just spoke with the owner. She is going to check with their web master.

I placed the order by phone.

They seem like very nice and helpful people.

Edited by Flip

I keep checking the diamond r accessories site but when ordering a product the check out page does not open and a message says this web site is not available . Anyone else having a problem with their site. The do not return my phone calls either.

No problem if you just go to diamondraccessories.com