Thanks for the link, but that is not exactly what I was looking for. I am looking at the Pilot Screw or Mixture Adjustment Screw. The one behind the brass plugs, that are usually set at 2 1/2 turns. Anyway, I got two out and could not remember the order of the parts, spring then ?? and then ?? (washer / o-ring) also, who ever had drilled out the plugs had screwed up head of two of the screws. So they are not coming out, what do I do now. options please:think: besides TNT and a long fuse :bang head:

Muffinman oughta know. PM him. Or (if this works) here is the schematic I pulled of Flatout Motorcycles. Cool, it worked!

(close window)
Flat Out
8118 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46219
317-881-6686
www.flatoutmotorcycles.com
1986 YAMAHA
XVZ 1300
CARBURETOR
February 16, 2008
http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/Yamaha/1986/Motorcycles/178_carburetor.gif

I got one of mine out by finding a small EZ Out, I first used a drill that was snug going in the hole that allowed me to dimple the end of the screw. I then used a small drill that was the right size for the EZ Out and drilled it into the head. I then pecked the EZ Out into the hole and twisted it out. It can be done.

If I remember correctly, the EZ Out was one of the square ones, not one that was reverse spiraled

RandyA

So this is where I am at on my 1st Gen Project "The Brown Bomber". Pulled off the YCIS and installed plugs on ports, replaced the sync port plugs also. Rechecked valves and installed new cover gaskets. Purchased new Vac lines for the remaining. Had no luck what so ever in getting out the froozen Mixing Valves :bang head: So instead of chancing destroying the Carb Bodies, I have purchased a gently used set of carbs off of Ebay and plan on using the best two to complete my set. Once that is done, I will put them pack on, cross my fingers and hope I have the miss and pooping out of it.

Oh, I am also replacing the front two exhaust gaskets (?), since I removed them to rebuilt my collector. I am also checking all of my exhaust connections to ensure I have no leaks....

So what have i missed... I will update again as soon as I get things back togeather. Damm am I miss some great riding weather :doh: here in FL!