IGNORED

We saw Willie Nelson last night.

Gary N.

Well I got to say for 80 years old that man has still got it. We bought tickets because we wanted to see a legend while we still could and we weren't disappointed. Different people who have seen him recently told us not to expect much but that guy played for 1 1/2 hours straight. Then he shook hands and signed autographs all across the front of the stage after the show. His voice may not be what it used to be and his pick'n not quite as sharp but wow, for 80 he is very impressive in my opinion. We both really enjoyed the show and are glad we had the chance to see him live.

I saw Willie years ago, great show. It is amazing that the legends are still performing and doing it well. I'm looking forward to seeing one of my longtime favorites, Bob Dylan, next week.

Sounds like it was a great time. Any pics? It's hard to believe that some of the older singers still make concerts and appearances. Goes to show that they love what they do.

Here is some pics when Willie, son Lucas, and sister were in Bowling Green KY in Feburary. It was a great show.

Guest tx2sturgis

I used to enjoy his call-in show on XM radio a few years ago. I'm not a big fan of his music, (its OK, just not my preference) but he sure is entertaining to listen to when he's talking about topics in the news, or telling stories or jokes.

A few years ago, his tour bus (large EXPENSIVE RV coach) was stopped in Sierra Blanca Texas, at the Border Patrol on I-10.

As the border patrol agents entered the bus, they could smell....well, you all know what they smelled, dont you?

Anyway, the agent saw the bag, and held it up and said is this yours to one of the band members seated next to it. From the back of the coach, Willie stood up, and said, no sir, that is MINE.

He took the fall for it. Cuffed and removed from the coach. Yeah we all know the band smokes it, but he would not let his friend take the fall for it.

He spent a couple days in jail and paid a fine...I think it was $2500 if I remember correctly.

The Agents told me they enjoyed that day.

Willie makes EVERYONE smile.

:happy34: