IGNORED

Anybody else been here?

GilliganJ

On the Dalton hwy, Alaska which ends at DeadHorse.

This is the beginning or end of an Iron Butt Association motorcycle rider challenge called "The Ultimate Coast to Coast". This ride starts from Key West, Florida, and gives riders 30 days to reach Deadhorse, Alaska

On the Dalton hwy, Alaska which ends at DeadHorse.

This is the beginning or end of an Iron Butt Association motorcycle rider challenge called "The Ultimate Coast to Coast". This ride starts from Key West, Florida, and gives riders 30 days to reach Deadhorse, Alaska

You're talking about the Hoka Hey run for the American Iron only guys me thinks.

• 2 weeks later...

No, he was talking about an Iron Butt Association ride called, "The Ultimate Coast to Coast", just as he said. :no-no-no:

The Hoka Hey is a joke! Besides, they went to Homer, Alaska. Not Prudhoe Bay (also known as "Deadhorse").

"It's a good day to die" indeed. :rotf:

Any Iron Butt Rally rider would absolutely smoke the Hoka Hey. That's probably why they limited it to Harleys and various other cruisers.

BTW, the first Hoka Hey was a SCAM. It was then taken over by the current organizers and now is somewhat more respectable.

Somewhat...

LOL

You're talking about the Hoka Hey run for the American Iron only guys me thinks.
Edited by ZLDRider

Agreed.

Sorry if I came off negative sounding. My emotions are directed at the HH Organizers, not the riders.

No matter how screwed up the Hoka Hey organizers are, the riders are doing a tough ride and any finishers should be congratulated on their accomplishment. :happy65:

The main problem I have with the organizers is the fact that they are offering a cash prize at the end which tends to promote speed making this a race on public roads - which is illegal. That makes all of us riders look bad.

Then, my other beef with the first year's "Challenge" is that it was a scam to drum up money for Big Jim's pet water project. He later admitted it. Yes, he eventually did end up paying out the prize money but, would he have without all the pressure? Later ones were so disorganized as to be amateurish at best and criminal at worst. I haven't read about this years results but, since the same people are running it, I don't expect much.

Lastly, the claims that the HH organizers make about the Hoka Hey being the toughest motorcycle challenge in the world is just plain ridiculous. The Iron Butt Rally is 100 times harder and has been around a lot longer. And the Baja 1000 is harder than that.

Sorry, the Hoka Hey subject just really gets me worked up.

Hey Mike,

Congrats to your friend. Quite an accomplishment no matter what. :thumbsup2: