These are the connecting points for the MKI hitch. As you can see it would take some fabricating to create a new way to tie it all together.

I'd guess the rear hitch plate may be the same but don't know if the pull bars would be the same length and the front angles are reversed. Then you would have to fab up the lift bars for the subframe attachment point.

But if you're creative......... stranger things have been done.

Edited by Snaggletooth

Good luck. They do show up on fleaBay now and then. I got lucky and got mine for $75.00 I think it was.

Just make sure they send ya all the pieces.

In the third pic I don't know if the blocks on the lift arms were original or not. The PO had fabricated a rubber flap between them. I suppose it was intended to work as a lower mud flap below the fender to keep road spray of the ball hitch plate. I have the rear light bar on mine so it wasn't needed.

Not shown in any of the previous pics are the clamps to attach to the saddlebag crash bars. They would do what the chrome clamps that Snaggletooth shows in his last pic do but are made differently. Most sellers don't seem to remove them from the bike with the hitch.

I have a Markland hitch I bought for my 83, but it would not work with my lightbar and my other one did. There was some surface rust on it and I sanded it and painted it silver and it looks good. I have about $80 in it and don't need it so if anyone is interested, make me an offer. I also have the mounting hardware that goes with it.

RandyA

Now I got a question for you. On the outrigger arms that go the crash bars,,,, are they round with the type of clamp that Prairiehammer showed or flat tabs on the ends that the clamps bolt to? I'm seeing differents ends between his and mine.

Mike, looking through my "database" of Venture accessory photos that I have compiled, I have found both versions of the Markland hitch; some with no hole and some with the flattened end and a hole like yours.

If someone finds the "no hole" version, they better make sure to get the clamps I referred to above or the mounting will not be stable.

I am going to propose that the "no hole" version is the earliest, but it showed a weakness due to the slipping of the clamp on the round tube and Markland revised the hitch to have a flattened end with a bolt hole for a more secure mount. I've not found the Markland clamps intended for the flattened with hole hitch. Perhaps, the Markland provided clamps for the later version hitch were exactly what you did?

Morning Kevin,

I think you're right on the early version idea, I see the one Randy has is off an '83 and from the pic it looks like it has the round ends. Clamps to fit that could be fun to find to replace missing ones.

From the hitches I have looked at they had the bolt on clamps which are common and easy and cheap enough to pick up at about any bike parts store or off the Internet. The hitch I got was missing one of the bolt on 3 piece clamps.

I don't see those outrigger bars being anymore than a simple anti-sway system but given enough twist I could see the round clamp types slipping. Not a critical point, but useful.

Makes you enjoy the simpicity of the MKII hitch. LOL! It aint' gonna wag its tail.