IGNORED

Garmin

pick

Major kudos to Garmin! In Oct. bought a refurb. Garmin Streetpilot 2720 off the web. Had one year factory warranty. Been using it off and on in the cage. Friday after work, I decided to mount the GPS it permantly and hardwire it in. (Bought mount and used directions I got from the good folks here!)

Long story short, after finishing it all, hooked it up only to find out the power connector on the back of the unit broke. Damn, only two weeks to Bike Week. Friday I called and they're tech support was only open to 6pm EDT. Damn Damn! Sent an e-mail, hoping to hear back by Monday. By Friday night at 9p, I recieved a return e-mail about a return authorization! Mailed it Sat. morning, Garmin got it Monday Morning, and got it back today!!!They didn't repair it, just replaced the WHOLE unit. Even copied the data from mine to the new unit! Itd soo nice to do business with a company that does its best to please its customers! Hoping if anyone is on the fence about buying one, I would wholeheartily recommend Garmin!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool10:

• 1 year later...

Had a Garmin C550 myself, it fell off my bike at 110kph, bounced on the hyway, picked it up and still worked like a champ other then a few scratches. They are tough units so the next one I buy will be a garmin. Oh, never leave your GPS on your windshield of your car in plain sight, it'll likly be gone when you get back and you'll have a window to replace.