IGNORED

Broken Inner Fairing windshield Mounts x2

Smilerider

Last year I discovered that the right side windshield bracket mounting tab on the inner fairing was broken. I took this to the dealer and after some back and forth with Yamaha they finally replaced the inner fairing.. Well I have only ridden it about 5000 miles since then and well again the tab is broken off.. This time however bother sides have snapped which means the bracket is no longer supported by the fairing.. I have no idea why this is happening and can't wait for the impending struggle to get it covered a second time under warranty. Any ideas ??

Thanks

JM

Mine and probably everyone Else's are broken also. There are a couple threads for making a support brace one of those was posted by V7Goose. Some have added a zip tie to help support it. But I think pretty much all of this has been done after the break.

I remember reading about this. I think I made braces before mine broke, and I used the zip tie deal to help support it. Thats the repair where you make a bracket to come off a speaker bolt and come out to the end of the windshiled frame right?