IGNORED

Rear turn signal taillight conversion

I put this kit on a Kawa Vulcan a few years back and pd $50 here:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?action=detail&model_ID=1&Category_ID=48&manufacturer_ID=223&product_ID=6421&sblid_name=detail

I found the same ringed led lights at Advanced Auto (Discount Auto) in FL @ $6 a 2 pack & installed on my Honda with the same results!

Now the store does not carry these. Cannot find these ringed led lights locally anywhere. Anyone know what I am talking about and if so where I can find them online or where?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?action=detail&model_ID=1&Category_ID=48&manufacturer_ID=223&product_ID=6421&sblid_name=detail

I found the same ringed led lights at Advanced Auto (Discount Auto) in FL @ $6 a 2 pack & installed on my Honda with the same results!

Now the store does not carry these. Cannot find these ringed led lights locally anywhere. Anyone know what I am talking about and if so where I can find them online or where?

I WOULD THINK THAT AUTO ZONE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ORDER THEM FOR YOU IF YOU ASK THEM TO....IN FACT MOST ANY AUTO PARTS SHOULD BE WILLING TO ORDER THEM FOR YOU...:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Auto Zone does not know what I am referring to nor does Custom Cruisers where I originally bought their $50 kit from and so far no one here on the forum :(

All I need is the 6 or so small LED lights in a circular arrangement fastened to a thin piece of plastic that both fits inside the blinker lens and can be glued to either the lens or slip over the blinker bulb and can be glued to the nacelle (the inside back of the lens).

I put the $50 kit on my Kawa and the $6 LEDs from Auto Zone on the Honda which was even better and much cheaper.

Wonder why no bike company installs the 2 element bulb in the rear blinker as is in the front blinker?

I went with Customdynamic's blinker set.

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_dynamic_clusters.htm

Yes it's more expensive. Yes it's worth it for triple lights back there that are BRIGHT!

Easy to connect back to the wires behind the license plate. Click my gallery for a bad pic of them with my LED taillight.

Rad,

How did you run the wires through the turn signal stem and where did you make connections? I unbolted the stem from underside fender but there is no slack in wiring to get to wiring. Did U have to remove signal bulb socket to run wires thru stem? I've disassembled as far as I can without fear of breaking something. Turn Signal Conversion Kit from Electrical Connection.

Appreciate any help.

seabeetom

2008RSV

........... I bought a set of YAMAHA RSV front signals on eBay for cheap that are dual filament. I removed the single filament rear signals and installed the front ones on the rear. Then I acquired a set of red replacement lenses from KURYAKYN for $10 a pair. Now I have red signals to the rear as well as additional red running lights on either side of the central tail-light. I used to run the set-up from The Electrical Connection but after replacing 2 failed amber LED rings, I chucked them in the garbage. They have a life-time warranty, but after 2 failures I decided to go the dual filament signals to the rear.

Works for me..................... ken.jo@shaw.ca

............... the direct fit red lenses are available from KURYAKYN now for $9.99 or less for the pair. You can also use H/D, but why ??

Anyhow.............. reach up under the rear fender and remove the two small bolts per turn signal. Access the wiring jungle in behind the licence plate and unplug the signals............. 2 wires per side. Remove the signals and reinstall the 3 wire variety. They bolt up exactly the same and the wiring is exact except for the additional function. Splice this extra wire into the running/clearance light wire that powers the tail-light. Presto-chango............... the job is done.

ken.jo@shaw.ca

• 1 year later...

Were you able to locate the cheap $6 kit? If not, did you end up buying the $50 one or possibly make one from parts?

I bought front directionals which have 2 element socket for the 1157 bulb and the red lenses and sold my rear used pair on ebay and came out as cheap with a better conversion. I did this for my VT1100 Honda Sabre and my Yamaha Venture. My commute bike is a 1150 beemer RT (full fairing) and I replaced the front & rear single element sockets with 2 element automotive 1157 sockets for $3.50 each from auto parts store.