IGNORED

Hyuandai Golf Cart ? Part please ?

FuzzyRSTD

I just purchased a 1994 Hyuandai Golf Cart. A friend has helped me get it going. It has been sitting for a year and a half. I have the carbs cleaned all the old gas out and some new with a little sea phoam. New plug and oil and what ever I thought would be good to do. However we still have a problem. The igniter/CDI box has a bad wire inside it. I can hold the wire a certain way and it makes contact, then the engine runs fine, sorta. I even zip tied it a certain way and it ran long enough so that my little boy and wife could take a ride. It has a V270 Suzuki 8.5 HP engine. Four stroke gas. The box has two attaching bolts and wires that easily unhook from the harness. It is called the igniter box or CDI box.

I would really appreciate any help here. I can not find a new CDI box on line anywhere. I bought this for my son to ride around the place here. He is 8 yr old.

Here is some schematics, but this place has no parts. I need part number one in the schematics.

http://gmcarts.com/store/hyundai/catalog-gas/Hyundai%20Gas%20Cart%20Ignition%20System.pdf

Saw this post on buggiesgonewild.com posted in Oct. 2012. Might be a place to start.

"I've got a 91 with a complete engine I'm parting out. No hole in block but has a broken rod. Call me on the parts your looking for. 618-924-6730"

Small engines can often use similar CDI units from similar other brands and models. As an example, my 1980 Suzuki GN400 (air cooled single) runs on a 1985 Honda CH250 CDI (water cooled single), as they share many characteristics, enough to get the job done (2degrees different adv. timing). The first requirement for a substitute is that they run on the same voltage source, either AC current, OR, 12VDC, ......... can't mix.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88VR

Saw this post on buggiesgonewild.com posted in Oct. 2012. Might be a place to start.

"I've got a 91 with a complete engine I'm parting out. No hole in block but has a broken rod. Call me on the parts your looking for. 618-924-6730"

Well I called this fellow ditzbiz and he has the part. Mailing it to me today. We worked out a good pricing and also got another part that I may or may not need later. Thank you very much Sir for your help. Thank you to all my VR friends. I can always depend you all for help in any matter, just like family. I love you all, Godet Bless You and Ride Safe My Friends. My son will really be a happy camper when I get the cart fixed. But I may end up selling it. Found out I have a really special unit. Then buy another.