IGNORED

Question about newly installed handlebar extensions

Yes will hit switchgaurd or whatever its called. I had to pull the clip things off the handlebars that hold cables. I think I had to sort of reroute the cables some but dont remember right now for sure. You may have to give them a little tug to get a bit more out of the frame for slack.

the previous owner of my bike had done this also. It will eventually crack the switch guard as mine has. The others are right that the cover will give some, but I believe eventually it will crack. I plan on modifying mine with some abs plastic curved pieces where the handlebar mounts hit the guard, but haven't had time to try it yet. If it looks ok on my cracked piece, I'll buy another and modify it as well then repaint with the flat black like the newer original ones are.

I pulled my risers off and stuck RSTD bars on, I like them a lot better and they were cheap. Note pull the plastic wire holders off because they will rub your tank. They also put your hands outside the fairing for wind.

I have a set of rstd bars and want to try both,

I just need to find some bar end weights, as the rsv weights are not the same size.

Anyone have any??:confused24:

Rstd bar end weights.

Unless your getting excessive vibration in the bars, don't use the weights.

I pulled my risers off and stuck RSTD bars on, I like them a lot better and they were cheap. Note pull the plastic wire holders off because they will rub your tank. They also put your hands outside the fairing for wind.

If I were to switch to RSTD bars, do I need to worry about longer cables, brake and clutch lines?