IGNORED

'66 Yamaha YDS3

leo3wheel

I also had a Black & White YM1 (305). The first time I pulled the heads to de-carbon the heads and piston tops, I found 2 head gaskets installed on each cylinder. I put it back together with 1 and the added compression woke the beast up. This one was very fast.

My brother bought it from me when I bought the TX-500. He rode it a while and trashed the transmission. I found him another 305 for sale, and he bought it. This one was timid. My 305 used to foul spark plugs all the time, hated to run below 4,000 RPM, and like to keep the front tire up in the air. The 2nd 305 had no top end power, never fouled a plug--heck, it hardly smoked at all. Night and day difference.

Had a brand new yds3 back in the day, I want to say it was candy apple red and cost me 700 dollars. Had a lot of fun in the sun and made lifetime memories in the green mountains of Vermont with that bike. Standard riding gear was cut off jeans, sneakers and a tee shirt, that coupled with no training and little experience or supervision, sometimes wonder how I lived to ride 50 years!!!