IGNORED

Hi Point C9 review--Not bike related.

DragonRider

Made it to the gun range today and gave the Hi Point C9 a workout. I did not have any doubts going in that I had made a mistake by buying this gun. I read a lot of reviews on the net about it and most of the reviews were pretty good, but a few had bad comments about the gun being heavy, ugly, and unreliable. I like the looks of the gun, it doesn't have to be pretty to work good, it just has to be reliable. I started out firing fmj 115 gr. ball ammo. It functioned very well in single action and rapid fire, not one hang up or jam. Next I ran a clip of some left over ammo that I have had for 20 years, yeah that's right, bought it back in 1993 when I purchased my other 9mm, and I really never ran a full box through it. I don't know what weight they were but they were jhp, and they functioned perfectly on single fire and rapid fire.

The gun was a little off, shooting a little low to the left, but I compensated for that and was able to hit center mass shots most of the time, especially in slow fire, on rapid fire I was not getting a very good grouping. On recoil there wasn't much, the 2 380's I brought with me had much more recoil than the Hi Point. Having that heavy slide on the Hi Point really helped with that. All in all, I was really surprised how well it fired out of the box. If you want a nice 380, 9mm, 40 cal. or 45 , I wouldn't hesitate in getting one of these. The guns are all the same size with just the barrel being the only difference. I plan on going back and getting one in either 40 or 45 cal.

I found the best place to look at the guns and compare them is at http://www.impactguns.com

That is were I bought mine and the price there was as good as it gets. The shipping is a little high at $17.00, but you don't have much choice since nobody has any in stock. I have one Gun/Pawn shop here in Newnan that has all 4 of them in stock at the same price as Impact Guns.