IGNORED

After Market Mufflers

Hello All.

I took care of my handlebar issue. Now I am a happy camper ! I noticed I have a hole in

the bottom of one of my mufflers. I would like to replace them with slip-ons. I am old school and like the shiny chrome look. Does anyone know what I can buy and put them on with out a lot of cussing, hacksaws etc ?

I have a 83 Venture 1200 Standard.

Thanks in Advance.

Tom O'Neil

Hamilton Mass

This is a dumb question, but I will ask it anyway. Is the exhaust for the 83 Venture Royale the same as the 83 Venture standard ? I would assume so, but I learned a long time ago that sometime its best not to assume something.

Tom

Go to evilBay and get a set of Road King take offs, or if you have any Harley rider friends, ask around. I just put RKs on my '91, and I love 'em.

There are numerous threads about doing this, but the two biggies are getting a transition pipe bent and fabbing hangers.

My exhaust guy took out the stock mufflers and custom bent the transition pipe.

He used the muffler mount bolt to hold some strap.

The RK was test fitted and measured for the clamp.

The clamp is a stock Harley muffler clamp welded to the strap.

Go to evilBay and get a set of Road King take offs, or if you have any Harley rider friends, ask around. I just put RKs on my '91, and I love 'em.

There are numerous threads about doing this, but the two biggies are getting a transition pipe bent and fabbing hangers.

My exhaust guy took out the stock mufflers and custom bent the transition pipe.

He used the muffler mount bolt to hold some strap.

The RK was test fitted and measured for the clamp.

The clamp is a stock Harley muffler clamp welded to the strap.

I bet that a bunch of those header adapters could be sold to 1stGen'rs if someone decided to produce them. Since MAC stopped making them there isn't a commercial exhaust builder doing anything for the 83-93's any longer. Adapting Harley's is about the only way. I'd also leave the mounts up to each individual owner....

Any way to eliminate the collector entirely and adapt 4 mufflers on the bike? or if you like it loud, 4 straight pipes?

My old honda CB900 had 4 mufflers, I always wondered why our bikes had 2 and that collector that leaks and rattles.

• 2 weeks later...

what is everybody doing for axle clearence on you mufflers? do they fit or do you have to dent the pipe to clear the axle? also how far do they stick out the back? i have to do this to my bike in the future, ihave 97 road king mufflers already, but have not installed them yet. thanks. happy motoring. john:detective:

Any way to eliminate the collector entirely and adapt 4 mufflers on the bike? or if you like it loud, 4 straight pipes?

My old honda CB900 had 4 mufflers, I always wondered why our bikes had 2 and that collector that leaks and rattles.

Lot of tight pipe bending with mandrel bender but I don't see why not. Would use ss pipe on those puppies.