IGNORED

Where to mount the horn(s)...

darthandy

Well, I'm finally getting around to mounting the air horn(s) I got last fall. I've got pictures and am wondering if they are similar enough to the Stebel to use CarbonOne's bracket. I would then mount a second one in the fairing for max effect and coverage. Can anyone tell from the pics?

Oops ... nearly forgot ... these are going on the RSV.

Andy

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses. Looks like I'll be ordering the bracket then opening up the fairing. I figure with one in the stock horn position and one in the fairing, I should be able to get the attention of everyone around me in the event one of them tries to use me for target practice. Chrome is nice, but lights and horns get the attention when you most need it! And these horns are even red to coordinate nicely with my bike's colour!

Andy

Do you need a relay for the above horns replacing stock'ers?

If going with a compressor/horn setup do you need a relay?

Thanks all,

VentureFar...

Yeah, you'll need a relay with a compressor. I found out the hard way when I installed an air horn and burnt up the switch.

Yeah, the horns came with a relay for each (30 amp). I already have a relay for the head light, one for the driving lights and another for the ignition. Yeah, I know, it's overkill, but what the heck ... I was working in there anyway. 2wheelsforme, I read in another thread that two compact air horns (Which is what these are) are only slightly louder than one. My reason for two is that one will be at the front (in the fairing) and the other at the mid-point behind my foot (stock location) and aimed down. This means (Hopefully!!) that cagers behind me will get a warning as well as those in front of me. The guys in front are usually the problem, but I've nearly been rear ended a couple of times, so it would be nice to have sound aimed more or less to the rear as well.

Andy