IGNORED

Diaphragms, jbm or oem style

I just did the OEM replacements from Sirius. I wanted to leave the slides undamaged as I understand with the JBM's you have to remove the plastic rings to install them.

If you use the Sirius set, you can always replace them again. With the JBM set you would have to use only the JBMS's again because of removing the retaining ring.

The install was slick and fairly quick using a bit of silicone spray.

The Sirius SD1X4 set improved the starting, idle smoothness and performance so far. Take awhile to determine fuel use decrease. Fit was same as OEM.

Total on Sirius set was $92.49 including shipping.

My :2cents:

Yes, but it's sort of indirect. I did contact Martin first to comfirm availablity. I was instructed to make the payment through PayPal directly for the club discount price.

I set up a PP payment as personal and included the SD1X4 part number and description, my full name and mailing address. Then my club name with the VentureRider group.

Set the total amount for the $92.49 USD. (shipping is included in that. $12.50 I think it was)

To their PP addy: paypal@siriusconinc.com

I got a comfirmation e-mail from one of the service gals same day and shipped the next.

These folks have always been great to work with and never an issue with service.

Just give yourself a manicure. Your thumbnails are your best tools for setting the edge between the retaining rings.

Mike

Thanks!

Ground Round closed down a few years ago, I liked that place too. Nothing has moved in yet.

Ah that's a shame. A lot of good times there chowing and swapping BS in the bar with the locals. Never had a bad meal, poor drink or met anybody that wasn't likeable there.

They made it easy no doubt. $6.00 for a pitcher of Wild Turkey and (a little) Coke. LOL!

I was always waiting for Garrison Keillor to come strolling in. Nice town.

Mike

I just did the OEM replacements from Sirius. I wanted to leave the slides undamaged as I understand with the JBM's you have to remove the plastic rings to install them.

If you use the Sirius set, you can always replace them again. With the JBM set you would have to use only the JBMS's again because of removing the retaining ring.

The install was slick and fairly quick using a bit of silicone spray.

The Sirius SD1X4 set improved the starting, idle smoothness and performance so far. Take awhile to determine fuel use decrease. Fit was same as OEM.

Total on Sirius set was $92.49 including shipping.

My :2cents:

Tks...This is good to know for I'll probably be needing new ones soon also.

I went with Sirius diaphragms about a month ago for reasons stated above. Went through same procedure a bought for same price as Snaggletooth. I am happy with my purchase. Have not rode the bike yet after installation, other things to repair. Wouldn't matter if it was ready to go as we are still getting that white crap falling out of the sky. Where is the global warming ??? :confused24:

Jeff

We just got a fresh layer of snow too, it's not looking good for riding soon. But, that gives me plenty of time to finish up these winter projects I never did. I'll probably go with the Sirius diaphragms. Thanks guys.

Have any of you replaced the air cut off valves in the carbs? How would you know if they need to be replaced? Can you do it with the carbs on the bike?

Aaron

Go with the Sirius!! I did that on my 89 a few years ago and also did the needle valve shim and my mileage is in the mid 40's when I take it easy. Very easy to install and worth the effort. I had a lot of small holes in my old original set.

And on a side note, if you are looking for a battery, try Mills Fleet Farm as they have the AGM batteries that are made in the USA by Deka. I was able to pull off the label on the box and it has the Deka label under it. These are some of the best batteries around and the price is right, especially when you can get them on sale.

Good Luck

Rick F.

Edited by cimmer