IGNORED

No right side audio on Drivers headset

jdross440

When I plug my chatterbox headset into the drivers connector next to the false tank, I have no right side audio in the headset. However, if I plug into the passenger connector at the trunk I have audio in both left and right side. When on speakers I have both sides audio through the speakers. Any clues? Thanks.

Mine works when plugged into the passenger plug, just not the drivers plug. I wouldn't think it was inside the headset if it worked when plugged in one place and just not the other. My wifes helmet has the same setup and hers does the same (works on passenger plug but not on drivers).

Mine works when plugged into the passenger plug, just not the drivers plug. I wouldn't think it was inside the headset if it worked when plugged in one place and just not the other. My wifes helmet has the same setup and hers does the same (works on passenger plug but not on drivers).

moving my helmet must have put the wires together....don't know what your problem is then....sorry

I had a similar problem on my 89. One of the headset wires was broken inside the rider cable on the motorcycle - right at the connector. I could make it come in and out by flexing the cable there.

I ended up getting a replacement cable from Sierra Electronics. They sell them in pairs, it's way too long and you loose the attenuator on the control box above the clutch lever. I just wadded the extra length behind the air box and don't miss the attenuator. I eventually sold the extra one to someone else with this problem.

• 6 months later...

I discovered it is actually in the helmet. The right speaker is bad (very, very weak). I hooked up my wife"s helmet with my cables and both speakers work good. I remembered my full face helmet with the same Chatterbox setup and hooked it up. It works good too. So much time wasted thinking it was in the bike wiring. Now to find a replacement speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Received the speaker and installed it today. It is a perfect fit. The sound is better than the orignal speakers and louder. I will have to order more for spares to replace the other speaker and have a pair for when a speaker goes out in my wifes headset.

• 9 months later...

That .5 watt speaker didn't last. Matter of fact 2 of them have already failed. The last one lasted about 2 months. I did some digging and found this 2 watt speaker. I put one in last night. Now we will see if they last longer.

[ame=http://www.ebay.com/itm/251512975125?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT]1pcs Round Micro Speaker Diameter 30mm 8ohm 8R 2W | eBay[/ame]