IGNORED

Valve Shim source - 2013

I am aware that parts sources, programs, and prices have changed significantly over the years. Last time i did a valve adjust, there existed a valve shim exchange program at the dealer, and that has dissapeared, along with the dealer.........

What, or who, is a good source for the 25mm valve shims used in the XVZ1300 motors in 2013?

I know partszilla (Boatparts.com) has them available online.

I need three of them, a couple #275 or #272, and one #265 or #267

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

I have got some here. you may have to call as it appears the page for the shims is down or something. They only come in even .05 from what I can see in a micro-fiche. IE: 260-265-270 etc. Boy looking on the dealer sites they are proud of them things.

I tried to do a little research to find what other bikes used the 25mm shims besides the RSV. One site I was looking at I thought "OK I'll use the VMax" but the shims showed up as 9.5 for it??? I dunno maybe a glitch in thier system. Anyways the FJ1200 yamaha and i found a listing that the Honda CBX used them also, but its an antique. The prices I saw were rediculus $13-15 each.

Partzilla is terrible. I ordered 3 items- a throttle cable, Progressive springs and a Kuryakyn electric 3x switch to fit atop the master cylinder. I sent an email to make clear which cable I wanted since the microfiche view was poor. I was assured I would receive the correct one. I received the wrong one. The switch assembly doesn't fit either. I called for an RMA. And was on hold over an hour. Then I checked the Progressives. Too large of diameter- won't even fit into the fork tubes. Since the phones are jammed I tried the live chat. It was shut down for overload- at 10:50am! Its supposed to be active till 4pm. So I sent an email. This on a Saturday. Here it is Monday evening and still no reply. I have learned my lesson.