IGNORED

trailer repair(fiberglass)

sleepy2

Need to know how safe it is to grind off the original spring mounts from a home-made fiberglass trailer.Had new axle and springs made and original mounts are in wrong place to reuse and also make trailed too high.Frame is steel but fiberglass is pretty close and have heard it is flammable? Any ideas????? If I can grind off old mounts it would be possible to bolt new ones on instead of welding.

:worthless: Some pics would be very helpful. If the mounts are on metal, I would say yes you can grind? Cut them off with a dremel tool or angle grinder if you have a way to build new ones. The dremel would be a more precise way to do it and maybe not bugger up the mount as bad. Fiberglass would be flamable I supose if exposed to heat long enough. I would say if you had a hose or coffee can of water handy you would be OK. Grind a little, douse spot with a little water if you think its to hot. I'm sure it will smoke pretty good before it bursts into flames.

[ATTACH]75232[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75233[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75235[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75236[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75237[/ATTACH]

Here are a few BAD pictures of trailer -black is hard to get pictures. Got old brackets cut and ground off last night.Used flap wheel which caused less sparks. Just getting ready to weld spacer pieces to bracket which I will eventually BOLT to frame with grade8 bolts. Might have to wait as it is really sunny right now so do I go for ride or work on trailer? Getting really hard to think as there are a lot of bikes driving by. Will see.

THANKS AGAIN for your response!!!!!!!!