IGNORED

I have oil in my coolant!

What's your coolant replacement schedule been? I change mine every 2-3 years because I've read that anti-freeze changes and becomes slightly acidic with use. Then gaskets are eaten away. This allegedly is the cause of head gasket and intake manifold gaskets failing on car/truck motors with an aluminum head. When I changed my coolant after rebuilding the water pump this spring, I installed 5 year Prestone, but I haven't decided if I'll leave it in for the full 5 years yet.

Frank

I'm sorry to say that I think you have misunderstood the information about the plugs. I don't think there is anyway that they can cause you to get oil in your coolant. Unfortunately, I think you have a much bigger problem. I'm not even sure that your Royal Star has those plugs, I don't know for sure but all the posts I've seen here about them has been in regards to the Royal Star Venture.

Hopefully somebody else will come up with a simpler explanation but my first thought is a bad head gasket.

Actually all Royal Stars from 1996 to 2013 have these plugs. There is no way that oil gets in through there to the coolant.

What's your coolant replacement schedule been? I change mine every 2-3 years because I've read that anti-freeze changes and becomes slightly acidic with use. Then gaskets are eaten away. This allegedly is the cause of head gasket and intake manifold gaskets failing on car/truck motors with an aluminum head. When I changed my coolant after rebuilding the water pump this spring, I installed 5 year Prestone, but I haven't decided if I'll leave it in for the full 5 years yet.

Frank

I would have to look into this as you would imagine the coolant would be designed not to react with the alloys. I changed the coolant probably once every two years or when I could be bothered.