IGNORED

Garden Time

Kregerdoodle

I live on an acre of rock, way up a hill, covered with about 3 inches of topsoil.

It took me a weekend, once, to dig three 42 inch holes for posts.

I used a pick axe & a 25 lb spud with a chisel tip for most of it.

No tilling here, but no free lunch, either. For some reason, the area is heavily wooded; some 90 ft tall. [??]

Can't dig a hole & plant one, though.

I use days when there is a good chance of rain, to trim endless trees & other 'have to' chores.

Guest KitCarson

Garden has been tilled up..........onions and cabbage planted.......radishes and spinach also..........Have to wait till April 1, though for much else......it sometimes snows around here last week of March..........

Gonna get the tiller out this weekend and get the Garden spot tilled up, and then till the flower beds and get mulch spread and ready to go...:sun1: May even get in some riding....

Gos Bless Texas!!:parrots:

I don't have a tiller you want to come on over and do mine too. :crackup:Ok maybe not guess it would be a bit far to go with a tiller, how many mpg do you think it would get on the trip? :Laugh:

Margaret

I don't have a tiller you want to come on over and do mine too. :crackup:Ok maybe not guess it would be a bit far to go with a tiller, how many mpg do you think it would get on the trip? :Laugh:

Margaret

HHHmmmmm lets see.....it tops out around 1mph so will take untill around Nov.`08 to get there... I s`pose that will be to late huh...:banana:

but it does get great millage..

K

Guest longtrain59

I'm with you Kreg, time to get the garden ready. I plan to do my 2nd tilling this week end. The local feed store is getting onion sets in. I have to get 'em asap, they go fast around here. I have all my seeds ordered, hope they come in soon.

I was wrestling with a decision to do the BBQ ride to salt lick or do the garden. since I have several parts off the bike right now, the garden won.

Enjoy the garden, I know all my neighbors do.

No garden here thanks be to God!

We had one at our last home and grassed it over. With our jobs and the shift work....plus riding and doing things with the kids there just wasn't time to "work" in the garden. And, I dont enjoy it enough to call it relaxing or stress relief...to me it was just work.

I have to admit to loving fresh outta the garden produce though....in-laws have a big garden and we raid that all the time!

Guest KitCarson
WArden reminded me of the things I have to trim before sap starts flowing again!! Maybe if I just cut them down!?
Do not cut down any trees....you will really get in trouble for that one!! There was an old scraggly pear tree by the corner of the garden....always in the way, never any good fruit......one day cutting down a pine tree it accidently on purpose fell on top of the pear tree......broke it off......had to cut it down the rest of the way........She did not notice if for about a month........boy when she did.........she still does not believe that it was an accident. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Do not cut down any trees....you will really get in trouble for that one!! There was an old scraggly pear tree by the corner of the garden....always in the way, never any good fruit......one day cutting down a pine tree it accidently on purpose fell on top of the pear tree......broke it off......had to cut it down the rest of the way........She did not notice if for about a month........boy when she did.........she still does not believe that it was an accident. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I mowed around a "Stick" for a few months...never had any leaves on it..well I got tired of that and put the Cub Cadet right over the top of it...LOL

Boy did I hear about that.... :rotf: