IGNORED

SUV Blow Out-Roadside assistance-Guilty!

RoadKill

Well yesterday was fun, NOT! Heard what sounded like I hit something then 10 miles later when I stopped for gas went around to check and left front flat as could be. Did something I have never done. Called someone to change it. Figured I have paid for 30 years, might as well let my insurance pay. I felt so guilty I ended up helping. At least it was a full size brand new spare.

Was able to have the tire plugged, and my mechanic says it was in a good spot so should last.

I remember back in the late 70's I owned three weckers and belonged to AAA.

State hwy patrol called me at 3am about a guy with a flat on the I-79 interstate. It was about 10 degrees, winter, windy, and I get up out of that warm bed, get dressed and off I go.

I get to the car, and there is an older man, a young woman (early 20's)with a baby, and a young man (mid 20's). When I pulled up, the young man gets out ,opens the trunk, pulls out the spare, pulls out the jack and 4-way lug wench, and begins jacking up the car. He then brekas the lugs, and then jacks the car up the rest of the way, he removes the lugs, and I roll him the spare..he picks the spare up and puts it on the lugs and begins to instal the luug nuts.. I said, well, it looks like you got it bud, you cna have it..and I left..

Next thing I know AAA cancelled my services for 30 days for leaving a tripple A member to change thier own flat..

I could not use my wreckers (for any AAA call's) for 30 days because the guy turned me in for leaving him and not changing the flat tire..

Yet he changed the darn thing himself while I just stood there...all he had to do was tighten the lugs when I left..

Hell, I was cold just standing there...:rotf:

State hwy patrol called me at 3am about a guy with a flat on the I-79 interstate. It was about 10 degrees, winter, windy, and I get up out of that warm bed, get dressed and off I go.

I get to the car, and there is an older man, a young woman (early 20's)with a baby, and a young man (mid 20's). When I pulled up, the young man gets out ,opens the trunk, pulls out the spare, pulls out the jack and 4-way lug wench, and begins jacking up the car. He then brekas the lugs, and then jacks the car up the rest of the way, he removes the lugs, and I roll him the spare..he picks the spare up and puts it on the lugs and begins to instal the luug nuts.. I said, well, it looks like you got it bud, you cna have it..and I left..

Next thing I know AAA cancelled my services for 30 days for leaving a tripple A member to change thier own flat..

I could not use my wreckers (for any AAA call's) for 30 days because the guy turned me in for leaving him and not changing the flat tire..

Yet he changed the darn thing himself while I just stood there...all he had to do was tighten the lugs when I left..

I didn't do quite that much. I held the lug nuts :rotf:and put the flat in the back of my SUV. The hardest time we had was trying to get the spare lowered. Had to insert the jack handles through a hole and crank it down

He just wanted some light to work with, you provided that, but then took off before he was done and ticked him off.:buttkick:

Jay,

None of us are getting any younger, thats why we pay younger fellas to do it. I wouldn't be ashamed at all, 1 wrong move and you put your back out...then how much would a guy changing it be worth. Your getting wiser as you get older, I'm proud of you buddy :happy34:

Jay,

None of us are getting any younger, thats why we pay younger fellas to do it. I wouldn't be ashamed at all, 1 wrong move and you put your back out...then how much would a guy changing it be worth. Your getting wiser as you get older, I'm proud of you buddy :happy34:

My better half said the same thing. "Nice to see you are getting smarter and not trying to do everything by yourself"

How about you and Lonna? Feeling better I hope.:thumbsup:

How about you and Lonna? Feeling better I hope.:thumbsup:

Were coming along, I still am sore and trying to work through it. My rememberer isn't what it used to be, musta hit my head pretty hard :doh:

Lonna is doing well, she's back to crocheting and thats keeping her occupied. I have a trainer (a friend of ours) working with her 3 times a week as she wants to get into shape. It gets her out of the house as she still isn't supposed to drive....life is good, were still here :)