IGNORED

$40.00 Coupon

Pilot

For those that don't know about this Uncle Sam is offering up to 2 coupons per household worth $40.00 each for the purchase of Digital to Analog TV signal converters. If they do stop transmiting analog TV signals next year and you don't have digital TV's you will need these converter box's to watch over the air TV. Even if you have cable they will come in handy for your analog TV's unless your cable company is going to provide a converter box for all of your tv's FREE OF CHARGE and what do you think the chances of that happening is?

https://www.dtv2009.gov/

Even if you have cable they will come in handy for your analog TV's unless your cable company is going to provide a converter box for all of your tv's FREE OF CHARGE and what do you think the chances of that happening is?

My understanding is the cable service signal will remain unchanged. But if that is not correct, if the cable company wants to keep me as a customer, they will give me a free box. :)

You DO NOT need a converter box if you have cable or satellite. You only need one to receive OTA (over the air) signals - in other words, anything that comes in using an antenna (except HD).

I get digital and HD fine with my regular antenna. :thumbsup2:

We have been looking everywhere for these converter boxs, but yet to find any anywhere??

I wonder how long the coupons are good for??

From my understanding they aren't going to even send the cards out until the boxes are in stores. I was told, when I signed up, that they would start sending them out mid to late February.

A friend said that he was in Best Buy the other day and they had started carrying the converter boxes so it may just be a matter of time before they start sending them out.

You DO NOT need a converter box if you have cable or satellite. You only need one to receive OTA (over the air) signals - in other words, anything that comes in using an antenna (except HD).

He's correct. What I was refering to is if you have cable and you have more then one TV in your house and they are analog TV's then chances are your cable company will charge you to rent a box from them for your analog TV's. I just have basic cable so I don't need a box at the moment, but I will have to have 4 converter box's when they move over to digital signal transmission. My cabe company told me that they will have the boxes available soon for their customers but they are going to add $4.50 a month for rental, that's an additional $13.50 a month for me and I think I already pay to much for what I have ($43.95 a month for basic). I have one digital TV and three analog TV's in the house so it won't take long for me to spend some $$$ if I rent them. I would rather buy the box for $20.00 with a coupon.