IGNORED

CARBS I think??

Also check the clamps on the black tunnels that go from the bottom of the air box to the tops of the carbs, some times they get loose or if one is not careful when installing the air box the rubber "boot" gets pinched or pushed out of the way and does not seat properly to effect a seal.

Also check the clamps on the black tunnels that go from the bottom of the air box to the tops of the carbs, some times they get loose or if one is not careful when installing the air box the rubber "boot" gets pinched or pushed out of the way and does not seat properly to effect a seal.

hey Steve , you've helped me in the past. I really can't get at the part you're talking about withou removing fuel lines according to the manual and the air box above the carbs I just took the bike for a spin and after running sea foam through ( and letting sit over night ) she' starts and then when it warms up idles up to the point where you don't have to use the throttle through second gear. So, I guess I'm just going to take it all aprt down to the carbs and check everything........thanks :fingers-crossed-emo

Well I did all that and seems to be running much better , but not quite there yet and that could be the carbs being dirty I sprayed the hell out of them with carb cleaner and i took everything but the carbs apart and made sure all hoses and air passages were clean and connected THAT DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE so I figure I'm 3/4s of the way there. I'll run a few tanks with sea foam and see what happens...... Thanks!