IGNORED

Coleman Caboose?

dwatson636

Hard to say for sure. But it looks as though someone fabricated a new axle for it and fit those wheels. One advantage to the larger diameter wheels is the rolling resistance should be lower and also bearings should run a bit cooler. Depending on size of tires/wheels you could maybe put your take off front tiers on the rig when you just dont feel comfortable with the amount of tread left on them to stay on the bike.

The 2 things I would look at would be is it sprung axle. Do the tires show signs of uneven wear, indicating the axle is not mounted straight. From there it dont look like you can go wrong if you need a trailer.

I was searching for them on Google and could not find any others with the big wheels either. But searching for the Caboose style also brought up different looking trailers as well. More specifically an orange one.

Dave

The original Caboose was black, later they changed the color to orange. Maybe for better visability for other drivers. They were designed to be pulled behind cars, but back in the late 70's and 80's , bikers started using them for behind their bikes. The tub of the caboose has a cut out for wheel wells for the smaller tires.

I have not looked in years. There may be some "motorcycle" specfic trailers that have a MC type tires on them. Most of the trailers guys use are "converted" or car top carrier type trailers. Alot buy the harbor freight trailer and add a car top carrier and extend the tounge on it. I had one a buddy built me back in the 80's that was 1x1 tubing and the small 8" wheels on springs. It was about as wide as the saddle bags and pulled straight.

Like off what they use to call a "silver wing" It was like 500cc v-twin only side to side not front to back, like a Guzzi. For the money I dont think I would shy away if it looks good to you. I kind of like the bigger tires.