IGNORED

07 RSV Grasshopper Backrest

hey everyone, as many of you know I have just bought my rsv. I do have a backrest for the driver but it is not removable. And I like to have the option to take it out or put in so I found this website. Have any of you use this backrest and how does it feel. Thanks you for you inputs!

http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/99-up-yamaha-venture/

hey everyone, as many of you know I have just bought my rsv. I do have a backrest for the driver but it is not removable. And I like to have the option to take it out or put in so I found this website. Have any of you use this backrest and how does it feel. Thanks you for you inputs!

Do your back a favor and buy the Utopia. A little more money, but high quality. The Utopia is adjustable front to back, I don't believe the grasshopper is (unless I missed that). You definitely will want the adjust-ability

Joe.

Do your back a favor and buy the Utopia. A little more money, but high quality. The Utopia is adjustable front to back, I don't believe the grasshopper is (unless I missed that). You definitely will want the adjust-ability

Joe.

I've got the Diamond R which is also adjustable & am very happy with it. My wife has the grasshopper on her V Star & likes it. True, not adjustable.

I'll 2nd ....on the diamond R! adjustable, and removable, with what u have in ur tool :cool10:kit. 2-3 minutes.....and very comfy.......................1 bolt removal @ hinge.............

Edited by clawed
additional removal info

Guest scarylarry

+1 on the Utopia....Add a few more bucks and your back will thank you..

I have a grasshopper on VV cause Utopia requires the seat to be cut and grasshopper doesn't...Don't ask why cause I or no one can figure it out, both are 2 piece seats..

Anyway the RSV has a Utopia and there is day and night difference...I wouldn't even consider a brand or comapny..

You can adjust the Utopia the grasshopper you can't..

Mine came with a Utopia. I had a Mustang seat with the drivers backrest on my Vulcan 900. No way I would have put 35K on the Kawasaki without the backrest. The utpoia is pretty adjustable. I supose it would be easy enough to remove if need be. But if your thinking you need to pull it off for 2 up riding, remember your passenger is gaining like 4"+ on almost any other touring bike except maybe the freeway couch er uh I mean Goldwings. :whistling: I looked at the grasshopper for the Kawasaki and if I remember rite once its on its there not much in the way of any adjustment.

I bought the Grasshopper for my RSV in Madison, WI from them at the STAR Days. I think it was $80 even.

It is not adjustable but pulls out in seconds. Also, very simple mount under the passenger seat, and you don't see it if the back rest is out. I had them modify mike so the back is lower, more lumbar. At the tent, they bend the bracket for your fit.

I did not care for it. Put it in the barn.

I do have the Utopia on my RSV now. Got it used recently.

It is adjustable but, does not remove without tools and removing the front seat.

Still just 10-15 minutes.

What I really like is the Ultimate Seat rider backrest on my RSTD.

It is adjustable (same screw as the Utopia) and it removes with a pull.

Wish the Utopia had quck removal.

As my wife fills in more seat than when we met(?) the Utopia is "right there".

So, I will probably pull it and reinstall when I do a long solo run.

If you are interested in the Grasshopper, send me a PM.

I do have a guy who said he wanted it but,,, he ain't asked lately.

Mike G in SC

I got a Diamond R on flee bay for $15 ,luckiest guy on earth. It does fold down forward to let the passenger on or to swing your leg over which is very helpful. I had a cheaper$85 nonadjustable one on there and it was terrible. Very hard to bend to get it into the right spot in my lumbar, never succeeded indoing so.

I rode my RSV about 6-7 weeks before buying a utopia from one of the members of this fine site. It does feel comfortable and can adjust, however for me, it doesn't fold flat down in the front to allow me to easily board the bike. Seems more of a struggle. As for the support when riding? Awesome. I am used to the OEM backrest from my kawasaki Vulcan 1500. It folds flat down to allow me to get on bike and then pops up. I don't know exactly what adjustments I need to make yet regarding folding it and such, but for comfort, the utopia does a fantastic job.

That is my :2cents: