IGNORED

radio help please

Naked Rider

got a silly quistion for ya. my radio hasnt woked in years. so i got to thinking that i never did check the PTT button if it is stuck on per say and i dont have the intercom on and only speakers will that stop it from playing music and the CB? want to get some feed back before i try taking it apart. thanks guys:)

mini i did check the squelch at least 10 times that is the first thing i did check.

all the lights and funtions work and i can even hear the casset play kick in but no sound took all the plug connections apart and cleaned and regrease. wife is mad as a hornet went a far as to tell me to get a diffrent bike:no-no-no: but i told her this one is the one i want and it is paid for she wants me to get one of those tupperware bikes :rotf:

OK if either PTT button is stuck then yes that will mute the audio. Rememkber to check both the handlebar one and the passenger one. Other than that sounds like the main amp is toast, but first, are the headsets off/speakers on? Also try the headset function, and if you are getting audio out of the headsets when turned on then it may be all 4 speakers are blown, but that is highly unlikely.

Did the radio ever work??

didnt have a head set so i took it to one of my friends who has one and it still had no sound. i replaced the amp at the dealer which was real helpfull we got the new refurbished one in and we put it in it played for about 100 miles and then nothing and this is where i am now. so i will take the PTT button apart and see what happens. thanks guys and gal for your help. if you can think of any thing else that i might be over looking please speak up need all the help i can get.

if i was to hook up a diffrent amp and put it in the trunk would that work would i be able to listen to music again or do i need to break down and get one fron pinwheel for $299?
I would first want to figure out why you are blowing up amps!! The most obvious thing to look for is pinched wiring especially with the speaker wires! If the output of the amp gets shorted out such as both speaker wires shorting out it will blow the amp...